It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm
Change font size

Rhetra-Rules & Laws

My Membership seems to have been deleted!

Forum rules and important site news.

Moderator: Moderators

My Membership seems to have been deleted!

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 am

In accordance with sparta law............. it probably has been deleted, it is indeed a brutal world :twisted:

If you registered before the current month and havent yet posted then there's a good chance you will have been banished from Sparta.

xxsparty

you can always apply for citizenship again.............
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby romeo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:08 pm

can someone explain to me why you delete pepole with no or little posts?

on the surface seems slightly unfair?? maybe they havent got anything to say???
romeo
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am

romeo wrote:can someone explain to me why you delete pepole with no or little posts?

It was one of the first rules when the board/site came in to existence.

Basically there are millions of forums where you can go and sit on the sidelines absorbing and using info without ever giving anything back. We want this place to be different. even at the risk of making it a smaller community. We would argue that its unfair to take stuff from people without as much as a simple post to the effect of "Im trying this or that", "this or that worked great", "this or that was rubbish".

We just want to build a community thats all. we're only asking for an active membership as a lot of guys put forward info that has taken time to build up.
I dont think we have deleted anyone with little posts though.... quite a few inactive zero posting members maybe!

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:23 am

romeo wrote:can someone explain to me why you delete pepole with no or little posts?

As Scott said, but also for me.....

In a nutshell

I HATE SPONGERS

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby romeo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:46 pm

I see your guys points.

But we all have to learn somehow, and we all were spongers at one time, maybe not in a bad sense, but still, we were all thristy for knowledge.

fair dos either way, cookie would never ban me!! ;-)

errrm , wassup cookie!! :roll:
romeo
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:00 pm

no-one has to post any indepth training or nutrition articles, advice or posts though. just a bit of interaction is all we're after. then you're no longer a sponger and you become part of the community...

its not like Im offering up intuative ways to train...... I'll leave that to the guys who know their stuff :cool:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:03 pm

Sparta was all about the *community* and everybody working together for the *community* and thats what we are about...

Hell there`s tons I don`t know but I`m sure there is somebody out there that with a simple post good answer questions for me...And if they don`t post I/we don`t find out..... :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:25 pm

You only get out what you put in!!!
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby LordMike » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 am

I support this idea, Maybe we will be a smaller community but at least we will know each other, we will know what they want, how they are.

We don't need people who just sit back and enjoy reading, there are plenty of forums, site's out there that will allow you to do just that.

I would love to finally see a forum where this is different, if I had anything to say here, I would suggest the following:

Send an email to zero-posters, and then as they do not reply in - give a fair date - they should just be deleted, not banned.

So they will learn what Sparta really was about, and what people these day's seem to forget, to work together!

Just my 2 cents
LordMike
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:55 am

LordMike wrote:I support this idea, Maybe we will be a smaller community but at least we will know each other, we will know what they want, how they are.

That is exactly what we are always striving for, a forum/community were everybody knows each other & gets along. We don`t want any of the bickering and infighting you see on so many other sites

We don't need people who just sit back and enjoy reading, there are plenty of forums, site's out there that will allow you to do just that.

Spot on...

I would love to finally see a forum where this is different, if I had anything to say here, I would suggest the following:

Send an email to zero-posters, and then as they do not reply in - give a fair date - they should just be deleted, not banned.

We don`t ban them, they just get *banished* & they then have the option of re applying for citizenship.

The email is a good idea and something we are working on with the wording etc..

But thank you for bringing it back to our attention :grin:

So they will learn what Sparta really was about, and what people these day's seem to forget, to work together!

EXACTLY... no more of the take take mentality but a place to share..

Just my 2 cents

Opinions are always appreciated :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Ape4 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:22 am

I'm always trying not to piss everybody off
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:33 pm

just to add, same goes for people signing up with false email addys. when I get a bounced email from a new registration I just delete the membership.
Ive got far better things to do than wade through an inbox full of bounced emails....... well actually I dont really have anything better to do but its just too boring ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Next

Return to Rhetra-Rules & Laws