Change font size

Rhetra-Rules & Laws

COMPETITION - Name My Gym

Forum rules and important site news.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby samurai69 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:10 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
samurai69 wrote:300 may be good

i was talking to a female client and she reckons the whole thing may be too masculine

and as i want female clients too may go along those lines

its also good if it translates into portuguese too

Just using 300 could cause probs with copyright...300 Spartans maybe better as thats written in history so has no copyright...Plus you could make it exclusive and only allow 300 members to join ;-)

As for you female clients just explain to them that the Spartan women kicked butt just aswell as their men, in fact the women were allowed to beat up their husbands (and take new ones) if they didn`t perform well enougyh on the battlefiled :shock:

yeh, but you cant copywright a number................or maybe you can :grin: .......i think i will start with 0 and 1 probably the most used :lol:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:45 am

I'd be surprised if you could copyright a number... hhmmm maybe I could copyright 666 and nobody could be evil without my express permission ;-)

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:As for you female clients just explain to them that the Spartan women kicked butt just aswell as their men, in fact the women were allowed to beat up their husbands (and take new ones) if they didn`t perform well enougyh on the battlefiled :shock:

yeah and I was reading a thing about spartan wives ... apparently it was cool for them to have affairs with unmarried women :lol: yep, those spartans werent daft..... :xxass:

that female client may have a point though.. a lot of the names are quite manly especially when you're using the word 'warrior' in there. maybe 300 on its own might be worth a thought. it has the warrior feel due to where it comes from but also sounds kinds sheik :razz:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:56 am

I think 300 on its own though sounds more like a nightclub, hence why I suggested Spartans.....

Trouble is...imho....I think if you have a name that is male orientated then you may not get as many female members, unless ofc ourse they are keen and aint bothered about a name...But the biggest majority..imo...will be male clients who will love the masculine gym name...

If it were me I would opt for the more masculine sounding name and any gym name that sorta sounded feminine would put me right off as it sounds a bit like a girly pampeing palace....

females who want to learn mma, etc etc etc, will go no matter what the name implies...

As for the copyright of the "300" context I`m thinking more along the lines that the gym will be opened after the films release so on a worse case scenareo the film company might get a huff on about you jumping on their bandwagon...And we all know hoe Hollywood is up its own arse on things like this....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:58 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:If it were me I would opt for the more masculine sounding name and any gym name that sorta sounded feminine would put me right off as it sounds a bit like a girly pampeing palace....

females who want to learn mma, etc etc etc, will go no matter what the name implies...

that makes sense, I'd probably go for the most toughest sounding name myself tbh! :twisted:

as for the bold text... probably very true actually. as homer simpson once said..... "Women will like what I tell them to like!" :lol:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:29 pm

you could call it some thing masculine but have as partof the gyms slogan something like. "where men and women train to be better" type of thing so it includes them........
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 pm

fits wrote:you could call it some thing masculine but have as partof the gyms slogan something like. "where men and women train to be better" type of thing so it includes them........

Or maybe just make it a huge sign and say

"The 300 Spartan warrior/warrioreses Gym" :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:58 pm

Lost Legions Of Sparta

Legions Of Sparta

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:28 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
Legions Of Sparta

thats a bit tasty!!! I'd defo go to that gym.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 pm

Scott wrote:
ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
Legions Of Sparta

thats a bit tasty!!! I'd defo go to that gym.

Me too :grin:

Spartan School of Excellence

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Scott that picture you were doing on the 2nd page, how about turning the sword upside down so it looks like the spartan is kneeling on his sword and praying to his God(s) before going into battle?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:36 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Scott that picture you were doing on the 2nd page, how about turning the sword upside down so it looks like the spartan is kneeling on his sword and praying to his God(s) before going into battle?

hmmmmm interesting.... I'll give it a shot. :smile:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:42 pm

This is a great load of answers shame its all scotty and osc...........doesnt anybody want a cheap holiday come workout.............

OSC, Scott...............some great stuff coming in...........so happy, just need to know its right..........keep em coming

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

PreviousNext

Return to Rhetra-Rules & Laws