It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 pm
Change font size

Olympic Weightlifting

A good insight into supplementary training for Weightlifting

Moderator: Moderators

A good insight into supplementary training for Weightlifting

Postby Cookie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:50 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: A good insight into supplementary training for Weightlif

Postby lil john » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:37 am

Had a watch of that and also a recent post by Donovan Ford on jts
Quite intresting. However these sorts of guys they show are generally either top of the game or training every day or multiple times a day

I suppose this is the level of training required to get elite. Master technique and work then on strength

However for guys and gals who are doing there best with 2-4 sessions a week I can't help but think that emphasis on full lifts, a sprinkling of exercises to assist technique thn basic strength of squats and pulls etc

Thoughts?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: A good insight into supplementary training for Weightlif

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm

lil john wrote:Had a watch of that and also a recent post by Donovan Ford on jts
Quite intresting. However these sorts of guys they show are generally either top of the game or training every day or multiple times a day

I suppose this is the level of training required to get elite. Master technique and work then on strength

However for guys and gals who are doing there best with 2-4 sessions a week I can't help but think that emphasis on full lifts, a sprinkling of exercises to assist technique thn basic strength of squats and pulls etc

Thoughts?

Have to agree that a lot out there couldn't manage a lot of the training volume the top end guys make so its a case of make do and mend.

The flip side is if you want to reach the top then you've got to make time to do twice a day sessions even if it only means 30-60 minutes tops per session and you have access to a gym or have the basic equipment at home to lift.

Its a little bit of cutting your cloth to suit your own pattern.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Olympic Weightlifting