It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:44 am
Change font size

Olympic Weightlifting

Larry's Chinese weightlifting adventure

Moderator: Moderators

Larry's Chinese weightlifting adventure

Postby lil john » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:57 pm

http://www.allthingsgym.com/larrys-chin ... xperience/

Don't think I've posted this before. Interesting points on these articles I found-

Bodybuilding- Choose a body part and do an exercise (preferably isolation) for 6 sets of however many repetitions it takes to get some soreness or just go to failure, with whatever weight feels right. Very scientific, I know.

described the Chinese weightlifting technique as:

close
fast
low
balanced

Coach Fang said that it was imperative to perform heavy pulls to failure on a regular basis. He went as far to say that weight should be added to the bar until your back is rounded during the pull or when the bar won’t be budged off the ground

There are primary muscles (quadriceps, glutes, and trapezius) that elevate the bar, there are the support muscles (errectors, upper back, core) that allow your primary muscles to exert force onto the bar effectively, and then there are the small muscles (biceps, triceps, pectorals, forearms, etc.) which do not play a distinct role during the lifts but if left untrained will be a limiting factor

As for programming, Coach Fang suggested I do heavy Pulls to failure up to 3 times per week using a simple programming method:

To train speed strength, the staple exercise is the “Fast Pull” – a Snatch/Clean pull with a pull under. However, any pull or lift from the blocks or hang that emphasize the second pull will also train speed strength.

Coach L- He explained that Front Squats were only chosen over Back Squats when they wished to reduce the workload on the legs in a particular workout, or to train the positioning and technique of the movement if it was a glaring weakness for the lifter.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Larry's Chinese weightlifting adventure

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:10 am

Bumping for later.

Comp knackered so offline.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Olympic Weightlifting