It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:56 pm
Change font size

Training

sculpiting the abs and obliques

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

sculpiting the abs and obliques

Postby dynamatiz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:59 pm

well like the titles says guys, am wondering on your thoughts and opinions on sculpting this area ( abs , oliques)

i know the have there place in all sports in keepin the core strong and tough, but they also are very cosmeitc imo, but a looking to get mine looking as good as possible and building on what i already have

lol am having difficulty here transferin my thoughts onto the screen here so a hope ya understand lol

so what do you guys do for abs and the likes and whats your views on training them, and alos how much do you think this matters
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Re: sculpiting the abs and obliques

Postby samurai69 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:27 pm

dynamatiz wrote:well like the titles says guys, am wondering on your thoughts and opinions on sculpting this area ( abs , oliques)

i know the have there place in all sports in keepin the core strong and tough, but they also are very cosmeitc imo, but a looking to get mine looking as good as possible and building on what i already have

lol am having difficulty here transferin my thoughts onto the screen here so a hope ya understand lol

so what do you guys do for abs and the likes and whats your views on training them, and alos how much do you think this matters

the windscreen wipers pic that OSC posted in the odd lifts clip is one of the best

as are russion twists

2 of my faves

:twisted:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:26 pm

Ab rollouts or medicine ball walkouts, turkish get up, grasshoppers, med ball slams, plank, flag, eagle sit ups.....list is endless really :grin:

But train them like any other bodypart low sets reps and heavy....heavy within safety and good form.......
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:48 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Ab rollouts or medicine ball walkouts, turkish get up, grasshoppers, med ball slams, plank, flag, eagle sit ups.....list is endless really :grin:

But train them like any other bodypart low sets reps and heavy....heavy within safety and good form.......

i dont train abs at the minute, but i am going to start this week. got an exercise ball, are they good to use or just a gmmick?

I like the exercise where you laay on your back, raise your legs and some one pushes them down hard and you resist.....bad description ut do you know what i mean?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:53 am

fits wrote: i dont train abs at the minute, but i am going to start this week. got an exercise ball, are they good to use or just a gmmick?

Good idea to start doing them and yeah the exercise/gym balls are very good, just ask sam69.....try doing a plank type exercise on one of em... :lol:

I like the exercise where you laay on your back, raise your legs and some one pushes them down hard and you resist.....bad description ut do you know what i mean?

Nope bad description....yeah got ya not really an exercise I think you should do all the time...Try adding a couple sets eod to your routine of Turkish get ups and tell us how you feel ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:22 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:

its an ok exercise for martial arts, but it tends to work hip flexors more than anything
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby dynamatiz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:22 pm

yeah a know the one , we used it in thai boxin we also made circles as well where ya guy pushed ya legs back round (now thats a bad decription)

a might get me self a fitball, never really tried them out or gave them a chance,how much are they ?

see havent been training abs lately,, but hwen a was a had been doin weighted crunchs and leg raises, but with me still been ripped they showing good

imo my upper abs are spot on(aesthetically.sp?) but am looking to bring out the lower abs to hopefully get an 8 pk goin on for next summer, and muu oliques are really never trained, withh me involement in combat sports a didnt bother

this sounds vain and to be perfectly honest it is , but am looking at creating a real good mid riff as possible

so whats ur thoughts on this traing does anyone train them in vanity and aslo like bb how much does geneitics play apart, were all different shapes and sizes , some have big chucky abs, some with lop sided abs
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Cookie » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:59 pm

dynamatiz wrote:a might get me self a fitball, never really tried them out or gave them a chance,how much are they ?

I`ve got and its the bane of my life...lol...But forgot the link. :oops: Sam69 knows the best place :grin:

see havent been training abs lately,, but hwen a was a had been doin weighted crunchs and leg raises, but with me still been ripped they showing good

Look at them as also creating strength and support for your other lifts...

imo my upper abs are spot on(aesthetically.sp?) but am looking to bring out the lower abs to hopefully get an 8 pk goin on for next summer, and muu oliques are really never trained, withh me involement in combat sports a didnt bother

this sounds vain and to be perfectly honest it is , but am looking at creating a real good mid riff as possible

Then diet and training need to be right

so whats ur thoughts on this traing does anyone train them in vanity and aslo like bb how much does geneitics play apart, were all different shapes and sizes , some have big chucky abs, some with lop sided abs

Genetics will play some part in their shape, but to make em grow and show you`ve got to train and eat right...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dynamatiz » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:07 am

cheers for that cookie

so would u say that creating a 8 pack is down to genetics too, as far as i know everyones abs are split into 8 segements on each side of the abs ?
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Cookie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:56 pm

xxsambump

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:54 pm

dynamatiz wrote:cheers for that cookie

so would u say that creating a 8 pack is down to genetics too, as far as i know everyones abs are split into 8 segements on each side of the abs ?

Not everyone has 8 ab muscles (frontal abs) as you are looking at the whole area (core, pillar of strength etc etc etc) you`ve got the obliques, intercostals, hip flexors, etc etc so all would have to be trained to some degree (direct or indirectly) with a good diet to fully show them off..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dynamatiz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:15 pm

am with you, guess ive been lookin at too many diagrams off u humans , where body shape is perfect
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Next

Return to Training