It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:19 am
Change font size

Training

Ab routine

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:52 pm

Scott wrote:
samurai69 wrote:had a client doing "dragon flags" and "windscreen wipers" and kneeling fitball roll outs..............he still cant do more then a couple of standing rollouts so we do 3 x 10 right the way to nose to the floor

:shock: dont know what any of those are!!

right guys, suggest a structure I could use.. I dont really know what Im gonna do at all....... especially with the fitball.

Im thinking..... start with a few sets of turkish, then do 'something' with the fitball, skipping then ab wheel..

20 minutes worth maybe.. is that too long/short?

right, if you can do standing roll outs start with 3 x 8 or 10 reps

move on to hanging windscreen wipers 4 or 5 each side

then 2 or 3 sets of 5 or 6 dragon flags with a 5 second hold at the top of each

then onto get ups....3 sets, then saxon side bends

and finally 3 to 5 30 second planks with feet balanced on fit ball

.windscreen wipers

http://www.slidetour.com/sample1/displa ... hiper.html

. dragon flags http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/35/
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:59 pm

i would do this workout on non normal training days
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:10 pm

ok I just found a vid of dragon flags..... coupled with window wipers
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid176922729

are you havin a laugh :shock: that looks well difficult. I dont think I could actually do those.
besides I wont be doin these at the gym so I dont have a bench or chin type bar. I dont think dragons could be done on a fitball ( if I could do them at all)
what would you recommend for a woman..... thats probably where I should start :lol:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:16 pm

Scott wrote:ok I just found a vid of dragon flags..... coupled with window wipers
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid176922729

are you havin a laugh :shock: that looks well difficult. I dont think I could actually do those.
besides I wont be doin these at the gym so I dont have a bench or chin type bar. I dont think dragons could be done on a fitball ( if I could do them at all)
what would you recommend for a woman..... thats probably where I should start :lol:

start with 500 situps then

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:20 pm

Scott wrote: are you havin a laugh :shock: that looks well difficult. I dont think I could actually do those.

Get em done you Scottish tart :finga:

I`ve managed a couple of reps of those dragons.....

I did them at home I just used the bottom of the bed and piled some weights onto bed to stop it coming up when I did the reps....If no weights get wife to sit on the bed for added weight :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:22 pm

mate if they are good enough for rocky balboa....you can do them
do the dragons from lying on the floor with hands behind...do them in doors, shat a door and stick hands under door

as for the wipers....they look good, so nobodys going to knock it.........go hang off a bus shelter or something

WOOSSSS <- portuguese for big girls blouse

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:25 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
Get em done you Scottish tart :finga:
LOL!

I`ve managed a couple of reps of those dragons.....
wow 2 ya say... fuck if I can manage 2 will I have instant abs :razz:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:30 pm

samurai69 wrote:mate if they are good enough for rocky balboa....you can do them
do the dragons from lying on the floor with hands behind...do them in doors, shat a door and stick hands under door

as for the wipers....they look good, so nobodys going to knock it.........go hang off a bus shelter or something

WOOSSSS <- portuguese for big girls blouse

Im no sticking my hands under a shitey door :lol: :lol:

if I can fashion something to do dragons on the floor I'll try them but I aint running down the street to jump on a bus shelter..... I'll get arrested!!

I'll see what I can do............. so I wont need the fitball.... jump rope then ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:30 pm

Just watched that clip Scott and he didn`t go down as far as I did when I did them, I went right back down to a couple of inches off the floor before coming back up....

Actually managed about 5 reps but didn`t want to put too much pressure on yeah :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 pm

for what its worth I had a go at dragons and wipers in the gym on friday. Just seeing as I had the equipment there and no-one else was in the gym which was just as well coz I couldnt do them :oops: The dragons I could only go about a quarter of the way down. any further and I lost it. As for the wipers... they werent even as succesful as the dragons :cry:

that shit is difficult. I aint THAT much of a pussy but that shit is defo difficult.
Also got myself a skipping rope. had more success with that but its fuckin difficult as well!! apart form feeling like a twat its really annoying especially as that ross boxing dude makes it look like a breeze, although so does my wee lass to be fair!!

I'll keep trying though. :roll:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:41 pm

Scott wrote:for what its worth I had a go at dragons and wipers in the gym on friday. Just seeing as I had the equipment there and no-one else was in the gym which was just as well coz I couldnt do them :oops: The dragons I could only go about a quarter of the way down. any further and I lost it. As for the wipers... they werent even as succesful as the dragons :cry:

that shit is difficult. I aint THAT much of a pussy but that shit is defo difficult.
Also got myself a skipping rope. had more success with that but its fuckin difficult as well!! apart form feeling like a twat its really annoying especially as that ross boxing dude makes it look like a breeze, although so does my wee lass to be fair!!

I'll keep trying though. :roll:

LOL......

Yeah defo difficult exercises to get the hang of and get the numbers out....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:21 pm

mate, work on them exercises, they dont take too long to get

my clients doing

5 D flags now and 4 each side of the wipers, in only a couple of weeks

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

PreviousNext

Return to Training