It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:56 pm
Change font size

Training

Abs

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Abs

Postby samurai69 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:54 pm

I dont normally do ab specific work

as the normal lifting i do works the core/abs quite well, also the martailarts stuff works them

but as a warm up to summer i would like to do some ab specific work

I know a fair amount of ab exercises, but would like some ideas and variations ... that others do, or have seen being done, or have been long forgotten

I have

straight leg sit ups
crunches
incline curls
hanging leg raises

as the normal ones
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:18 am

So nobody is going to give him any ideas.................
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:32 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:So nobody is going to give him any ideas.................

I was gonna nick some ideas from this thread myself ;-)

are those swiss ball dealies any good for ab work?
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:33 am

are those swiss ball dealies any good for ab work?

I`ve heard so........
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:39 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:I`ve heard so........

cool...........
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:40 am

Ok here goes...................

Saxon side bends
Med ball slams
Russian Twists
Chinnies

Hows that for starters???????????????

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:16 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Ok here goes...................

Saxon side bends
Med ball slams
Russian Twists
Chinnies

Hows that for starters???????????????

Thats a start :lol: , what are chinnies and mad ball slams, i may know them by different names

:lol:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:50 am

Chinnies.....Lie on your back with knees bent and head held up off floor, the try to touch your ankle with your hand whilst keeping your back o the ground, then switch to other side....

So its left ankle right ankle...moving really quick sort of like a sideways shuffle...

Medicine ball slams....Hold ball above head and slam it(throw) into the floor in front of you...do as fast as posible....really drive it ito the ground..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:11 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Chinnies.....Lie on your back with knees bent and head held up off floor, the try to touch your ankle with your hand whilst keeping your back o the ground, then switch to other side....

Done these, never had a name for them though

So its left ankle right ankle...moving really quick sort of like a sideways shuffle...

Medicine ball slams....Hold ball above head and slam it(throw) into the floor in front of you...do as fast as posible....really drive it ito the ground..

I havent done these, we used to do a couple of ab exercises 1 with a med balland rebounder and one where your pertner chucks a med ball at your abs whilst you lie on the floor and you half catch it un push it back up to them

GOOD START keepem commin :razz:

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:02 pm

The med ball slams really work the core as your slaming the ball into the ground you can feel the force your generating running through the core plus your having to tense them to stop yourself from following through with the ball, just watch out for the ball bouncing back up and smacking you one in the face, what with the finished position being with you bent at the waist at 90%, not a lot of distance between you and the rebounding ball :oops:

How about doing some grasshoppers...........

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:28 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:The med ball slams really work the core as your slaming the ball into the ground you can feel the force your generating running through the core plus your having to tense them to stop yourself from following through with the ball, just watch out for the ball bouncing back up and smacking you one in the face, what with the finished position being with you bent at the waist at 90%, not a lot of distance between you and the rebounding ball :oops:

How about doing some grasshoppers...........

You have your own names for things Cookie :shock: what the F are grasshoppers (the exercise, not the little critters that jump into the car at 40mph, like they did last year :???: )

:roll:

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:50 pm

You have your own names for things Cookie what the F are grasshoppers

LOL......

No I just use the names I read and people tell me.....

Try some V ups awell there good or even better some...nah I`ll save that beauty for later ;-)

GRASSHOPPERS(idiots guide for ;-) )

Star with hands and feet touching the floor(as if doing a press up but body naot as low or straight) and bring the left leg up and under your body to touch the outside of your right hand as soon as it touches return to start and repeat with right leg....keep going at a fast pace and feel that core burn baby burn :twisted: ....keep ahnd stationary at all times....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training