It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 am
Change font size

Training

Increasing lifts

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:20 pm

why is it that every secret cookie technique involves lots of pain?

I`m a sadist :twisted:

And thats just waiting for the answer

You wish ;-) :twisted:

IS it dropping the weights down and doing more reps, then coming back to heavy a few weeks later?

Or just simple get more rest?

Nope..........

cookies got his keyboard set to 'cryptic'

Hahahahaha :twisted:

Short on time tonight but will post up tomorow "I PROMISE" :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:24 pm

i think hes waiting to see if we all want to know before he tells us
come on OSC reviel all
Cookie

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:35 pm

Right then as promised an nice little technique for raising your lifts..

The technique is called twisting or corkscrewing(yeah johno I thought you had it ;-) )

Lets take the squat as an example, your fully loaded and are down in rock bottom position now normally you "push" through the feet to riase feeling the force through the legs, not now :grin: I want you to not only push through the feet/heels so that you feel like they are going through the floor but I also want you to try and twist them through the heels into the floor...

So in essence what you are doing is twisting the heels inwards to each other as you drive your feet through the floor so that you increase tensile strength withing the muscles/tendons and neurological pathways but also with the twisting your bringing into play "all" of the muscles of the legs but also the strength you have in your hips and hip joints/sockets(yes you read that right)....

Do this little test whilst sat at the computer right now...push your feet/heels into the floor but also try to twist the heels into the ground and feel the muscles fire in the teardrop and inner thigh more but also the thighs drop into the sockets further which brings into play all the hip muscles for added strength..............

Now didn`t I tell you all this site was gonna be good :grin: :grin: :grin:

And now you have this info your banned from breathing a single word about it on any other board cos I want all "MY" guys to be the biggest strongest rippedest beasts on the planet :twisted: and speaking of it gives the ENEMY the same weapons as yourself and we don`t do that now do we :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Humm I feel my lower back when I twist heels sat at the keyboard.

Its defo a different feeling, I'll try it
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:58 pm

That tells me your doing it wrong....lol..

You have to remember if it is good enough for olympic lifters and old time strongmen to use then there it is a defo to get results.....

Another tip is to wear nothing on your feet when training or very thin soled footware as trainers etc desensitise the neuropathways from the feet upwards so in effect switch off part of your inbuilt computer software.

Look back over the years and you`ll see tons of lifters, storngmen and even bodybuilders training, squating baer foot...

Right to further add to the list not only are you to twist but also grip the shit out of the floor with your feet (now you see why your barefoot ;-) )as you lift...this gripping will set in mation a chain of events to increase tensile strength and so help you lift more......

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:01 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:

That tells me your doing it wrong....lol..

You have to remember if it is good enough for olympic lifters and old time strongmen to use then there it is a defo to get results.....

Another tip is to wear nothing on your feet when training or very thin soled footware (try kung fu slippers) as trainers etc desensitise the neuropathways from the feet upwards so in effect switch off part of your inbuilt computer software.

Look back over the years and you`ll see tons of lifters, storngmen and even bodybuilders training, squating baer foot...

Right to further add to the list not only are you to twist but also grip the shit out of the floor with your feet (now you see why your barefoot ;-) )as you lift...this gripping will set in mation a chain of events to increase tensile strength and so help you lift more......

. :grin:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:11 am

Yes kung fu slippers would be ok...........

Another thing to add to the mix is bracing of the abdominal wall, now this has to be done before you breath in...So tence the abdominal wall breath in(the air adds extra support only after the abs are tense) then do you lift.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Now one more piece to the puzzle is to not only grip the floor with your toes/feet but to also squeeze the life out of the bar you are holding to further send those messages through the body to lift with increased strength...This little trick is used by olympic gymnasts to help them in things that require great strength like the rings.

Another neat little trick is to sloooooowwwww down your rep speed as this gives the muscles more time to load with tensile strength to greater increase flexability for the return...a little like squeezing the trigger slowly to unleash the power/bullet...the extra tensile load will fire you back to the top to complete your reps...

You have to always remember the body is well prepared to use tremendous amounts of strength/power when it is called upon mostly in life or death situations but not in the gym...the tips I`ve given you are ones to trick the body into the fight or flight program to help you lift substantialy(sp) more weight than they would normally allow you.....

Most bodybuilders will only use about 30-50% of their strength potential in the gym...why settle for second best use the above and shoot for 100%.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training