It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:35 pm
Change font size

Training

Keeping Track of Your Workouts

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Keeping Track of Your Workouts

Postby SeVen7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:03 pm

I think one of the biggest problems people have when making improvements in their workouts is consistent progression in weights. I know for me it is a problem. Lots of people keep track of their workouts in a book...I did this...but as I think of it I never really looked at the records that much. Basically, it wasn't doing anything for me.

So I started recording it a little differently. I now track exercises monthly. For instance, I write down the exercises I have done that month and the weight and # of reps of the highest weight only. Than when I do that exercise again I hopefully move up in weight and write down the highest weight and # of reps right next to the previous best.

I find this works best for me because it puts the progression of max weights right next to one another in the book. I also put the total number of weight I moved up that month for all exercises at the end of the month...to track increases month by month.

Example:

MARCH

- Bench Press - 230(6) - 235(6) - 250(4)

The first number is the weight and the number of reps in parentheses. The first set of numbers was the first bench of the month and so on.

I just thought this might help some people keep track of the workouts better and make better gains.
SeVen7

Return to Training