It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:58 pm
Change font size

Training

Hypoxia journal

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Hypoxia journal

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:36 pm

Going to log down a few weeks of hypoxia tabatas to see what the results are like.

Then decide if I think I can use them to get me ready for this race next year.

Not promising anything as usually when I do something goes tits up & I have to pull out, so we will see.

Logs..

8-10-08

Hypoxia/powerbreathe tabats
6 sets of 20-10

Had aimed to reach 8 sets but failed to get reps in on set 6.

Powerbreathe set at level one & will not increase this till 12 sets are completed at each level .

11-10-08

Hypoxia/powerbreathe tabats
8 sets of 20-10

Powerbreathe set at level one & will increase sets next time to 9, breathing like an ashmatic(sp) afterwards, man that hurt.

Pre workout I used 5grms arginine & 10grms BCAAs did tabatas the ingested same concoction.

Was massively over stimulated & didn`t feel too cracking afterwards when the 2nd dose kicked in. Next time will be looking at 2.5grms arginine pre & post.

As from next week I will also be wearing a heart rate monitor & we can see how this all effects bpm etc.

Will attempt to get a video done next week also as a starting point etc & so you can all hear me breathing like darth vader as the intensity of it all kicks in :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby TH&S » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:29 pm

Arginine - start small and build up. How are the guts after the BCAAs?

What exercise are you doing for the Tabatas?
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby HairyGaul » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 am

Cool. I see they have a division for younguns. Is L'il Cookie going to run with ya?!
Seven times down.
Eight times up.
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:30 am

TH&S wrote: Arginine - start small and build up. How are the guts after the BCAAs?

What exercise are you doing for the Tabatas?

Stomach was fine with the BCAAs as I have had a couple of weeks now using them multiple times through out the day in small doses.

Arginine really shocked me, head was all over place after 2nd dose, defo reducing next workout.

I am doing burpee/chins for the tabatas with 4 reps per set, but the sicko in me wants to try 20 rep squats :twisted: :lol:

Going to have to be careful in future as I ripped the chinning bar off the doorframe and smashed the central heating thermostat so need a new one, quite an expensive session of cardio :roll:

HairyGaul wrote:
Cool. I see they have a division for younguns. Is L'il Cookie going to run with ya?!

I would like him to, but not 100% sure..

Wife fancies having a go so there might be 2 of use atleast doing it.

Would be as funny as hell if we all did it and won :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Hypoxia journal

Postby Musky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Then decide if I think I can use them to get me ready for this race next year.

Goals are good, Im thinking of setting myself Toughguy as a goal but have wussy friends right now.

Good luck mate!
To get what you've never had do what you've never done.
Musky
Helot
Helot

Re: Hypoxia journal

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am

Musky wrote: Goals are good, Im thinking of setting myself Toughguy as a goal but have wussy friends right now.

Good luck mate!

Cheers :grin:

Good luck with the tough guy,

Fancy having a go but really really need to concentrate on my cardio

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Ok what was supposed to be one thing became something else then that totally went tits up..

The story so far...........................

Was late home from work so decided to do the tabatas in a totally fasted state (9 am was my last meal, it was now 2pm) so gets everything ready, hunts out heart rate monitor & the sodding thing wouldn`t work :evil: so recording bpm was out but hey I can still go for 10 sets & record bpm next time.

So sets it up & sets of (my arginine & bcaa`s had kicked in by this point) happily going about my business trying to train & ignore the telly (wifes watching it) has a quick look at the timer & we are going ok then the shit hits the fan, music on tv gets louder & I miss a beep to start my set :evil: :evil: :evil: told wife to wait 6 minutes until I had trained before watching the program but NOOOOOOO she has to watch it :evil: :evil: :evil:

So dummy out of cot powerbreathe gets slammed into the sofa as does the timer & I stamp & rant to myself in the kitchen to cool down :lol:

No harm done I suppose....

After I had finished chucked down my hGH inducing mix again & now awaiting my tea...

What I have realised when using the powerbreathe in the tabats/exercise manner is that you have to breath out dam harder so that you can clear the lungs of air to breathe in again. This wasn`t the case with the manufacturers suggested usaged of the device, the breathing in was much harder than breathing out.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:14 pm

LOL! women! time to exercise a strong pimp arm :lol:

anyhoo, whats with the diet? 9-2 with no food, all the miles you put in then your gonna train first!!

what would you say if someone here posted up that type of 'nutrition' I wonder..............
:killemall:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Scott wrote:LOL! women! time to exercise a strong pimp arm :lol:

anyhoo, whats with the diet? 9-2 with no food, all the miles you put in then your gonna train first!!

what would you say if someone here posted up that type of 'nutrition' I wonder..............
:killemall:

I know, I hung on simply because I wanted to train fully fasted for the arginine & bcaas to kick in fully or I would have had my usual fruit to tide me over till I got home to eat.

You live & learn :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:26 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
I know, I hung on simply because I wanted to train fully fasted for the arginine & bcaas to kick in fully or I would have had my usual fruit to tide me over till I got home to eat.

ok, seeing as you had a plan we'll let you off :lol:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby TH&S » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:24 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Ok what was supposed to be one thing became something else then that totally went tits up..

The story so far...........................

Was late home from work so decided to do the tabatas in a totally fasted state (9 am was my last meal, it was now 2pm) so gets everything ready, hunts out heart rate monitor & the sodding thing wouldn`t work :evil: so recording bpm was out but hey I can still go for 10 sets & record bpm next time.

So sets it up & sets of (my arginine & bcaa`s had kicked in by this point) happily going about my business trying to train & ignore the telly (wifes watching it) has a quick look at the timer & we are going ok then the shit hits the fan, music on tv gets louder & I miss a beep to start my set :evil: :evil: :evil: told wife to wait 6 minutes until I had trained before watching the program but NOOOOOOO she has to watch it :evil: :evil: :evil:

So dummy out of cot powerbreathe gets slammed into the sofa as does the timer & I stamp & rant to myself in the kitchen to cool down :lol:

No harm done I suppose....

After I had finished chucked down my hGH inducing mix again & now awaiting my tea...

What I have realised when using the powerbreathe in the tabats/exercise manner is that you have to breath out dam harder so that you can clear the lungs of air to breathe in again. This wasn`t the case with the manufacturers suggested usaged of the device, the breathing in was much harder than breathing out.

I found breathing out to be much tougher than breathing when using it for exercise
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 pm

16-10-08

Pre workout mix

Workout (various stuff to tide me over with injuries healing)

Tabatas 20x10x10 sets xxdance

Absolutely blowing out of my arse by the time I had finished these & for quite some time afterwards.

Straight after went into stretches (heart rate pounding like hell all the way through stretches)

Mid way through had 2nd portion of hGH stimulating mix.

Then ate..

Starving

Whole session lasted about 25 minutes & I knew about it after the tabatas.

Looking forward to trying to get the monitor fixed & seeing the bpm read outs :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training