It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am
Change font size

Training

Hypoxia journal

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:33 pm

16-12-08

Weights

Cardio
Tabatas 10x20x10 No powerbreathe

Dropped powerbreathe as Taks instructions & hammered out 10 sets quite comfortably, will go for 12 sets next workout then start to add some resistance with the weighted vest.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:55 pm

21-12-08

Weights

Cardio
Burchins 12x20x10 powerbreatheless

Felt good, more in tank, chest & back pumped liked crazy afterwards. Will add weight to these soon.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby TH&S » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Cookie - have you fathomed the best protocol for powerbreathe yet?

How many weeks on / how many weeks off?
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 pm

TH&S wrote:Cookie - have you fathomed the best protocol for powerbreathe yet?

Looking into that as we speak & will have an answer new year :grin:

All I can add is that doing the burchins without the device is a piece of piss now :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby TH&S » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
TH&S wrote:Cookie - have you fathomed the best protocol for powerbreathe yet?

Looking into that as we speak & will have an answer new year :grin:

All I can add is that doing the burchins without the device is a piece of piss now :shock:

Next question:

Have you noticed any other specific adaptations? Or would you need to implement a transmutation block to apply the improvements to other areas?
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 pm

TH&S wrote: Next question:

Have you noticed any other specific adaptations? Or would you need to implement a transmutation block to apply the improvements to other areas?

Ok laymans terms :lol:

Mental clarity is up, sleep is better not perfect but better, recovery after heavy workloads at work is up, ability to recover between sets is up & a weird sensation of *clearing* gunk off the chest seems to happen a few hrs after a session.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby TH&S » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Nice.

Transmutation is where you apply strength gains or adapt motor skills to another area.

An example would be focussing on heavy leg press for a period, and then applying those strength gains to squatting.

You don't get the gains straight away - but you need to transfer them.

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
TH&S wrote: Next question:

Ok laymans terms :lol:

Mental clarity is up, sleep is better not perfect but better, recovery after heavy workloads at work is up, ability to recover between sets is up & a weird sensation of *clearing* gunk off the chest seems to happen a few hrs after a session.
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

TH&S wrote:Nice.

Transmutation is where you apply strength gains or adapt motor skills to another area.

An example would be focussing on heavy leg press for a period, and then applying those strength gains to squatting.

You don't get the gains straight away - but you need to transfer them.

Well the proof will be in the pudding soon as I need to re-test myself on a couple of things next few days :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:51 am

Did some other day :lol:

Burchins 8x20x10 with 4kg weighted vest on...NO powerbreathe device..Not till next week anyway..... :twisted:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:10 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Hypoxia journal

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Well when they passed out brains they sure missed me, :lol:

We were out shopping for a damaged sofa replacement and happend (as you do) to wonder into the fitness section were I came across a little stand with a book on it advertising a 2 minute challenge on the rowing machine.

Well hey hey a red rag to a bull, ups I trot takes mi coat off (leaves tracky top & beanie on) & straps mi feet into the foot plates.

The assistant gets the thing set up, shouts 1,2,3 go & off I set at a blisteriong pass, 25 seconds in I slip off the seat #-o

Regroups & gets back upto speed and suddenly realises at the 40-60 second mark this is gonna be harder than I realised #-o

Had to save face & family pride (wife & kids looking on at dad) so panting for all I was worth I keep going.

75 seconds throat is hurting like hell, no saliva left at all, lungs burning, legs pumped to hell, heart pounding out of chest, head feels like it is about to explode & I`m feeling on the verge of passing out. [-o<

30 seconds to go silly sod here shuts his eyes to try & muster a bit more ooomph, well this made the passing out sensations go into overdrive #-o

10 seconds to go it feels like a living hell

5 seconds I`m spent but still giving it what I can

Finish line reached, I practically fall off the rowing machine grasping at what ever air I can pull into my lungs, throat on fire from lack of lubrication I start to cough then feel like spewing, can hardly talk, infact couldn`t talk Leona had to give all my details to the assistants to log down.

Head pounding like mad, face flushed but a funny red come spewing colour :vom: :vom: :vom:

All for the princes distance of..............................

493 metres in 120 seconds :supz:

That was just under 70 metres longer than the best time I could find on the sheet in front of me, but not sure what other numbers had been done on previous pages.

Assistant was quite pleased with my efforts anyway & said he`d not seen anyone come out at the begining with such speed & it was a pity I fell off the seat or would have easily cleared 500 metres.

40 minutes later I stopped feeling like I was going to spew, the coughing resided but throat still sore.

All for the chance to win a £50 voucher :lol:

And the moral of the story is.................Insert drum roll..........................

Hypoxia training for me HAS WORKED...............there is know way on this earth could I have managed that a few months ago before I started this type of stuff.................Moral of the story for all those that doubted (well really they can`t see into this section so they`ll never know :lol: ) is instead of spouting shit on the internet get off your asses and do the dam hard graft first to see if it does or doesn`t work then pick fault................. :finga:

No lets keep our fingers crossed to see if on the 31st on January I win and can use the money to buy some new weight plates :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Hypoxia journal

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Abput 3-4hrs later and my throat and chest are still sore :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Training