It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:06 am
Change font size

Training

BigLoz power lifting comp....first one

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

BigLoz power lifting comp....first one

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 pm

MY FIRST POWERLIFTING CONTEST

On Sunday the 28th February I took part in a RAW (non-equipped) powerlifting contest in Maidenhead, England.

This is the first time I have entered such a contest as my training tends to focus around the strength and endurance I need for Strongman rather than lifting specifically to increase 1 rep max weights.

I had set myself a goal of achieving a total of 900kg which I thought would be a respectable total. Although I know I can lift these weights, the judging of the lifts is obviously a lot stricter in these competitions than in strongman, and more emphasis is placed on a good technique and smooth lift rather than just achieving the lift. I was keen to test myself in this discipline.

I ended up winning the super heavyweight class and overall with best lifts of 350kg squat, 200kg bench press and a 382.5kg deadlift for a combined total of 932.5kg total.

This show was great fun and I was really pleased with my performance. I made all my lifts and I feel there was more in the tank. I now have a new goal of 1000kg total in powerlifting without a suit and a 410kg deadlift.

My static strength has really increased in the last few months and a lot of it is to do with my new supplement program. For this contest I have been using CNP professional Whey Protein, Sci-MX GRS-5 Protein system, Animal Pak, Muscletech Creakic Hardcore, Sci-MX Joint Support Complex, and Sci-Mx Enduro Fuel.

I would also like to thank Dave “Bulldog” Beattie of Genesis gym. I have been travelling down to London every week to train squats with Dave and this is obviously working!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training