It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:53 am
Change font size

Training

Dinnies for 40

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dinnies for 40

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 am

samurai69 wrote:http://grapplefit.blogspot.com/2010/06/manhood-stones-baby-bears-and-guiness.html some clips of the whole thing

Right that`s me psyched out :shock:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 am

After looking at those vids did a quick search on tube & found this one :shock:

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am

Cookie wrote:After looking at those vids did a quick search on tube & found this one :shock:

it doesnt look as difficult to get arms around it as the 120kg atlas stone (or was it 110kg)................that was my problem with your atlas stone

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:53 am

samurai69 wrote:it doesnt look as difficult to get arms around it as the 120kg atlas stone (or was it 110kg)................that was my problem with your atlas stone

I thought that guy made it look pretty easy given he looked like any Joe public :shock: hell of a lot stronger than he looks.

That 120 of mine is a big boulder, I`ll measure around it so you can compare to some measurements Al got of the Inver stone.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Cookie wrote:After looking at those vids did a quick search on tube & found this one :shock:

it doesnt look as difficult to get arms around it as the 120kg atlas stone (or was it 110kg)................that was my problem with your atlas stone

Smaller than an Atlas stone, but then it all dpends on the length of your arms! Conrad has the Snook genes in him. Don't be deceived by his (apparent) slight build.
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Al wrote: Smaller than an Atlas stone, but then it all dpends on the length of your arms! Conrad has the Snook genes in him. Don't be deceived by his (apparent) slight build.

You can say that again the guy did a fantastic job of lifting it =D>

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 pm

well you and cookie have the disadvantage of short arms

the 110kg atlas cookie has is far tougher to get a grip on, theres no way i could interlock hands could almost touch fingers, just!

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Al » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:it doesnt look as difficult to get arms around it as the 120kg atlas stone (or was it 110kg)................that was my problem with your atlas stone

I thought that guy made it look pretty easy given he looked like any Joe public :shock: hell of a lot stronger than he looks.

That 120 of mine is a big boulder, I`ll measure around it so you can compare to some measurements Al got of the Inver stone.

He is Laine Snook's nephew.

Amongst Laine's feats of strength: http://napalmjedd.blogspot.com/2008/03/ ... clean.html
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Al wrote:He is Laine Snook's nephew.

Amongst Laine's feats of strength: http://napalmjedd.blogspot.com/2008/03/ ... clean.html

Some pedigree then

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

55cm around the largest atlas stone I have

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Cookie wrote:55cm around the largest atlas stone I have

Around the "equator": 149cm/59" (Taken horizontally through the "265" inscription)
Around the "poles": 135cm to 140cm/53" to 55" (At right angles to the previous measurement. I took a couple of readings at different positions as the stone is not perfectly round)

interesting all the pictures of inver stones and it looks less difficult round the middle than the atlas stones

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Training