It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:52 pm
Change font size

Training

Inver Stone training

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Inver Stone training

Postby Al » Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Al
Banished

Re: Inver Stone training

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Al wrote:Thread from a stone lifting forum:

http://www.powerropes.com/public_html/f ... 6#post2566

Ha, just read that over there not 5 minutes ago

i have been doing some plate deadlifts, but even with rubber plates at the gym they slip a lot over 3 x 25kg plates and i need to lift 5

that thing you had made up would work well

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Al » Thu May 27, 2010 2:57 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Al wrote:Thread from a stone lifting forum:

http://www.powerropes.com/public_html/f ... 6#post2566

Ha, just read that over there not 5 minutes ago

i have been doing some plate deadlifts, but even with rubber plates at the gym they slip a lot over 3 x 25kg plates and i need to lift 5

that thing you had made up would work well

If you can unscrew the end off and old Olympic barbell, it will do the same job. That's what the Diesel Crew did for their original stone trainer
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Al wrote: If you can unscrew the end off and old Olympic barbell, it will do the same job. That's what the Diesel Crew did for their original stone trainer

What about a loading pin like they use when using the rolling thunder. Put plates on then collar(s) to hold weights in place?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Cookie wrote:
Al wrote: If you can unscrew the end off and old Olympic barbell, it will do the same job. That's what the Diesel Crew did for their original stone trainer

What about a loading pin like they use when using the rolling thunder. Put plates on then collar(s) to hold weights in place?

If the pin is 2" diameter then that will do. Any smaller and the 20kg plates will just move about. Remember: you're turned the plate stack on it's side like a wheel and lifting it, not like a stack of (power) pancakes.
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Al wrote:
Cookie wrote:

If the pin is 2" diameter then that will do. Any smaller and the 20kg plates will just move about. Remember: you're turned the plate stack on it's side like a wheel and lifting it, not like a stack of (power) pancakes.

i thought about that and it slides all over , even when we taped the plates up on a normal loading pin it was un settledand feels
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu May 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Tough one to work out what`s the best option to keep it all still :-k

I`m going to have to work out some way to plan lapping that 110 stone into my regular training program alone with some grip work.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Thu May 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Cookie wrote:Tough one to work out what`s the best option to keep it all still :-k

I`m going to have to work out some way to plan lapping that 110 stone into my regular training program alone with some grip work.

Use the end of an Olympic Barbell or clamp plates onto a short length of 2" pipe with collars. Thin loading pin will not work.
Al
Banished

Return to Training