It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:56 pm
Change font size

Training

Lifting platform

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Lifting platform

Postby Cookie » Fri May 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Need to make one or I`ll end up coming through the ceiling.

What sort of wood should I be looking at & anything else?

Need to keep this cheap & something I can just put away under the bed after training.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Lifting platform

Postby samurai69 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Ply

you could get away with the stuff similar to ply , something like commercial board, but ply is best

the ones i had where made up of cheap sheets of 6mm ply screwed and glued together..............18mm on the base where the rubber sits and 24 where you stand..............then used rubber matting where the weights sit, but i also added foam on top of that as it is commercial gym and we hit some heavy weights with metal plates being dropped on it

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

samurai69 wrote:Ply

you could get away with the stuff similar to ply , something like commercial board, but ply is best

the ones i had where made up of cheap sheets of 6mm ply screwed and glued together..............18mm on the base where the rubber sits and 24 where you stand..............then used rubber matting where the weights sit, but i also added foam on top of that as it is commercial gym and we hit some heavy weights with metal plates being dropped on it

What type of glue did you use?

I was going to add rubber matting to the whole area
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:15 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:Ply

What type of glue did you use?

I was going to add rubber matting to the whole area

normal wood glue......................

rubber mat to whole area would lose some stability .......especially for olympic type movements and deadlifting

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 am

I`m seeing a mate this week to sort out some new flags for the garden, sure he said he had some ply kicking around that I could use.

What sort of rubber matting would you suggest?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 am

Cookie wrote:I`m seeing a mate this week to sort out some new flags for the garden, sure he said he had some ply kicking around that I could use.

What sort of rubber matting would you suggest?

as heavy duty as possible................we used the stuff i had off ebay, but in new gym will use the stable mat rubber, will still use the sponge foam on top just to deaden the noise and protect the platforms more

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training