It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:13 am
Change font size

Training

Perverse Periodisation

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Perverse Periodisation

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:33 pm

tomato wrote:can i ask somthing about the Nordics mate?
as the programme progresses why is it you will be increasing the time of the eccentric rather than than other mthods of increasing intensity number of sets/ adding resistance/ getting lower etc

To try & keep the exercise as strict as possible. Experience has taught me two things when helping people,

1) They`ll often break form if they think that a goal is to add resistance via weights added, eg ego taking over.

2) More often than not if you add in an extra set or two to a specifically demanding exercise or one that requires an above average amount of concentration they panic & think that they are over training that area. And again tiredness breaks in & then form breaks down as in point 1.

If you add in a second here & there I find people can handle such a tiny increment without it affecting much else. Once they`ve been through the program once or two it could be altered so that an increase of sets/reps or added resistance can be brought in. By that time the individual will be well versed in how to perform the exercise & know how they react to it & won`t panic.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Perverse Periodisation

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:19 pm

when we did them we added in the help of a band and/or ball..............so reps could be added easier
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Training