It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:26 pm
Change font size

Training

The stick

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The stick

Postby Cookie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:oh just buy the darn thing already. I think you have other uses for it other than posted, but I will keep the board PG for now :mrgreen:

:finga:

Update: Still using it & can feel some benefits from an after work session as soon as I get into the house relieving the tension built up from all the walking.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Cookie wrote: relieving the tension built up , **** all the wa*king.
????????????????????????????
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:32 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Cookie wrote: relieving the tension built up , **** all the wa*king.
????????????????????????????

LOL

just looked at the calf video, look at rolling it upwards and not down, you want to help bloodflow back towards heart, possibly and especially if you have varicose veins the rolling wrong way will make it worse

also as a side not, those rolling massagers with lumpy bits could actually be more beneficial, especially when you locate trigger points, can then back and forwardwith more direct pressure

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:41 pm

samurai69 wrote:just looked at the calf video, look at rolling it upwards and not down, you want to help bloodflow back towards heart, possibly and especially if you have varicose veins the rolling wrong way will make it worse

also as a side not, those rolling massagers with lumpy bits could actually be more beneficial, especially when you locate trigger points, can then back and forwardwith more direct pressure

You`ve just covered something that I had been thinking about & was a little apprehensive to continue rolling down as well as up :smt023
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Quick update on this.

Spent a number of weeks not using my home made version & it is starting to show especially in my IT bands & one of my calves.

Saving of pennies I think is required to purchase a proper one.

A potential wise investment.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 am

There must be something to it. I was hanging out with a bunch of rugby players and half of them raved about it. One guy had the travel version of the stick with him. It was quite a bit more flexible than the one my chiro has.
Did you ever buy one?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:14 am

Melas Zomos wrote:There must be something to it. I was hanging out with a bunch of rugby players and half of them raved about it. One guy had the travel version of the stick with him. It was quite a bit more flexible than the one my chiro has.

Always have my finger on the pulse and ahead of the game ;-)

Maybe I should start charging to use this place :-k

Melas Zomos wrote:Did you ever buy one?

No. I went with the trigger point set. Should do really just to follow through my own thoughts/opinions of its possible applications.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 pm

judging by what I have seen, I would say the trigger point is the better of the two.
the stick is okay, but I just feel it does not get deep enough as say a tennis ball.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:judging by what I have seen, I would say the trigger point is the better of the two.
the stick is okay, but I just feel it does not get deep enough as say a tennis ball.

Trigger point is getting some rave reviews. The norm for travelling seems to be to take the grid roller (I've to write a review on that) and a couple of their massage balls to cover those hard to reach areas. I can see where the stick would come in useful but it all boils down to whether someone wanted to spend the extra to get one that would only be used at certain times.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Trigger point is amazing. Many times if the Chiro can not get an adjustment out of a certain region he will pressure point for maybe 30 sec and the muscle relaxes enough to adjust.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Trigger point is amazing. Many times if the Chiro can not get an adjustment out of a certain region he will pressure point for maybe 30 sec and the muscle relaxes enough to adjust.

I was referring to trigger point therapy the company not the therapy itself :lol: but I do agree its a great tool for athletes.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training