It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:20 pm
Change font size

Training

What EXACTLY Is Functional Training? Part I

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What EXACTLY Is Functional Training? Part I

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Al wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:i mention it a lot in the advertisng blurb and meta tags etc on my web sites

Regular entrepreneur I see :mrgreen:
I was only aware of the one for the gym, anything I should check out?

http://eu.fleshlight.com/

:mrgreen:
Website looks great, looks like a great training tool and certainly falls into the functional training category. :grin:
I would order one, but my concern is the delivery. No matter how you package it those perverted mailmen know what's being delivered. Probably open it up and put some hot stuff inside them, I even know one that would probably take it for a test ride and then re-package it. :shock:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: What EXACTLY Is Functional Training? Part I

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Cookie wrote:
tomato wrote: very true, it can be quite easy for somebody to take one functional movement and use it at the wrong time or place, or use functional movements soley in their training, without appreciating the benefits of other 'non fubctional' exercises which can/should be used for complete conditioning

Take home lesson, "don`t run till you can walk" :grin:

The same can be said for the constant prescription of Olympic & hybrid Olympic movements in programs. Both types of lifts require a lot of detailed coaching & practise for the regular gym goer to get any real benefit out of them. Yet when you see people doing them & doing them wrong it is quite evident that their time & energies would be better spent learning the basics of squats, dead`s & presses with additional time placed on shoring up weak areas like lower back, hamstrings & flexibility that are the real reason why someone can`t do an Olympic type movement properly.

Great point, plenty of examples on youtube that is for sure.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Previous

Return to Training