It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 am
Change font size

Training

crossfit

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

crossfit

Postby samurai69 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:28 am

for crossfitters every where, because it sucks so bad you need this to suck on
Attachments
CROSSFIT SUCKS.jpg
CROSSFIT SUCKS.jpg (75.78 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: crossfit

Postby Scott » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:48 am

some nice women at crossfit though ;-)
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 am

Scott wrote:some nice women at crossfit though ;-)

the old saying is crossfit builds great women and fucks everyonestrongup or something like that
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Can`t be that bad its got a MASSIVE following.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Cookie wrote:Can`t be that bad its got a MASSIVE following.

"The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project" was not considered that bad either at the time.
Crossfit is bad, all things considered.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:Can`t be that bad its got a MASSIVE following.

"The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project" was not considered that bad either at the time.
Crossfit is bad, all things considered.

Amen to that Brother!!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Crossfit is bad, all things considered.

samurai69 wrote:Amen to that Brother!!!

They must be doing something right.

Or maybe the blind leading the blind :-k
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Crossfit is bad, all things considered.

samurai69 wrote:Amen to that Brother!!!

They must be doing something right.

Or maybe the blind leading the blind :-k

fashion trend ................. sheep following rest of herd................

they have lost sight of the origional concept and got caught up in their own avalanche...........that was one of the reasons the "gym jones" guy fell out

far too focused on the competition side of things and speed over technique

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:48 am

The idea in principle was very sound, but as popularity has grown there has been a big trend towards the competition side of things and spped over technique

we have a crossfitter who trains at the gym here and when he dose a WOD in the first instances when he is fresh technique is ok, but as soon as he starts to tire at that speed he not only makes mistakes that could injure him, but also the possibility of injuring others

also some of the techniques taught in crossfit, particularlky the GH ab situp (with an excruciatiung hip flexor snap) and the over swinging in their KB swing and the extreme lean back in their deadlift amongst other things are just waiting for a massive law suit to happen.......unfortunately it will be against an affiliate rather than the "crossfit GOD"That is

also there is a huge money make system in force apart from the extreme prices charged at most CFCs there is the .....catch on quick for allthings "crossfit" wether its vib 5 fingers or latest compression tights (which look fucking stupid in a gym) its a rolling money making machine

then theres also the huge climbing frames that are now being made and sold to CFCs all over at massively high prices................we have had our climbing frame for a few years now, it cost less than £250 to make and has teh ability to be usedand modified to where ever i want it to be...............we had a team of 10 stuntmen hanging from it a few months ago

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:21 pm

samurai69 wrote:The idea in principle was very sound, but as popularity has grown there has been a big trend towards the competition side of things and spped over technique

we have a crossfitter who trains at the gym here and when he dose a WOD in the first instances when he is fresh technique is ok, but as soon as he starts to tire at that speed he not only makes mistakes that could injure him, but also the possibility of injuring others

also some of the techniques taught in crossfit, particularlky the GH ab situp (with an excruciatiung hip flexor snap) and the over swinging in their KB swing and the extreme lean back in their deadlift amongst other things are just waiting for a massive law suit to happen.......unfortunately it will be against an affiliate rather than the "crossfit GOD"That is

I can agree with that from what I have seen.

samurai69 wrote:also there is a huge money make system in force apart from the extreme prices charged at most CFCs there is the .....catch on quick for allthings "crossfit" wether its vib 5 fingers or latest compression tights (which look fucking stupid in a gym) its a rolling money making machine

then theres also the huge climbing frames that are now being made and sold to CFCs all over at massively high prices................we have had our climbing frame for a few years now, it cost less than £250 to make and has teh ability to be usedand modified to where ever i want it to be...............we had a team of 10 stuntmen hanging from it a few months ago

Have not been really paying attention to this end of CF, but it makes sense.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby wilkes2011 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Crossfit on its own can be bad. It depends on the gym and its athletes. Crossfit can be very good to boost endurance and cardio if used in conjuction with proper weigthlifting. Have a good family friend that owns an amazing gym that teaches proper lifting(olympic lifting certified, and crossfit level 3 certified). They have a enet site. Irontribefitness.com. Great folks. Again only works well when used with proper lifting.
Sine Metu
wilkes2011
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:48 am

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training