It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am
Change font size

Training

crossfit

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: crossfit

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Cookie wrote:Just for you S69 :mrgreen:

OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO >>>>>>>>> YYYYUUUUKKKKKKK

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Cookie wrote:Just for you S69 :mrgreen:

I think he wants too cookie, you should have included this link too:

http://www.kraftbrands.com/koolaid/

:mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm kind of in agreement with S69. I do not think Crossfit was sound in principle though; Crossfit is fundamentally flawed. You simply cannot perform complex lifts for high reps without form breaking down, Crossfit sets you up for injury.
Chris
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Chris wrote:I'm kind of in agreement with S69. I do not think Crossfit was sound in principle though; Crossfit is fundamentally flawed. You simply cannot perform complex lifts for high reps without form breaking down, Crossfit sets you up for injury.

You, S69 & a few others all keep pointing to that as its big major flaw.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:02 am

Cookie wrote:
Chris wrote:I'm kind of in agreement with S69. I do not think Crossfit was sound in principle though; Crossfit is fundamentally flawed. You simply cannot perform complex lifts for high reps without form breaking down, Crossfit sets you up for injury.

well thats because it is "One of" crossfits biggest flaws
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Cookie wrote:

well thats because it is "One of" crossfits biggest flaws

Without a doubt that is ONE of its biggest flaws, their flaws are not minor by any means.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:52 am

Melas, in the US have there been any lawsuits against crossfit in general or with specific gyms (boxes...in crossfit terms)

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:12 pm

samurai69 wrote:Melas, in the US have there been any lawsuits against crossfit in general or with specific gyms (boxes...in crossfit terms)

Not recently, a few years ago there were one or two successful suits filed. However, since Reebok really sunk their teeth into the program everything seems to get squashed asap. They have their own internal insurance now which everyone is encouraged to get. Reebok over here is a master of making sure things like this do not surface. They honed that skill with the professional athletes. Not saying the other companies are not masters too. They all do it to protect their interests. But often before anything can be filed or go to court they are settled and buried. I have a feeling the price to go against such a giant is just too much for most firms to put out front money for. It really has to be a very serious, very public case to warrant it ever making into the system.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:41 pm

so reebok US is into the crossfit thing, thought it was just UK....Mmmmm

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

samurai69 wrote:so reebok US is into the crossfit thing, thought it was just UK....Mmmmm

Yup, big time. The commercials are non stop on the tele and now they have started recruiting celebrities for both tele and printed ads. They (crossfit) insist it is just a sponsor/partnership affiliation, but it seems to be morphing into some else. No doubt they have a stake or are preparing to buy out completely.
The training also seems to be shifting to more of a softer nature, at least from what I gather. The gyms are swankier and you will not find any death/heavy metal blaring.

Are you getting many customers that are fed up with Crossfit but want to continue with a similar style yet?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:21 am

not yet over here, but i am sure they will come....Xfrit is still new here

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 am

The Reebok advert has flashed onto the TV over here a couple of times but I've yet to watch it fully. If the company is getting into it in a massive way then you can bet your last penny they'll try to snub out anything training practices that might leave them open to criticism or a potential lawsuit.

Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. Time will tell.

Then they'll be a void as the hardcore crossfitters leave looking for something else just as extreme.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Training