It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm
Change font size

Training

posterior chain

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

posterior chain

Postby samurai69 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: posterior chain

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Far too noisy a gym for my liking :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Cookie wrote:Far too noisy a gym for my liking :lol:

play it with the sound off then!!!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:32 pm

samurai69 wrote:play it with the sound off then!!!

I did & I could STILL hear it :finga:

Unsure about the exercise, have you tried it?

Can see that it would target the area but surely there are better exercises out there from the usual Nordic lowers (glute/ham raises to those who don`t know) to the bog standard rip off`s of the yoga & pilates holds that get banded around for woman.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 pm

not tried, but always interested with the slide stuff and another variation for when GHD is busy ...... looks quite intense

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:53 pm

I think I would prefer variations of a bridge and tables into swipes instead. Just a little too gimmicky for my taste. But then I am a tad biased when it comes to this kind of work.
Of course I do a similar move with the foam roller post workout, so I suppose that too could be considered gimmicky, and yes Cookie I finally bought a foam roller, and yes you are to blame :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I think I would prefer variations of a bridge and tables into swipes instead. Just a little too gimmicky for my taste. But then I am a tad biased when it comes to this kind of work.
Of course I do a similar move with the foam roller post workout, so I suppose that too could be considered gimmicky, and yes Cookie I finally bought a foam roller, and yes you are to blame :finga:

I`m an innovator not an imitator ;-) :lol:

How have you found it.........other than painful :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:I think I would prefer variations of a bridge and tables into swipes instead. Just a little too gimmicky for my taste. But then I am a tad biased when it comes to this kind of work.
Of course I do a similar move with the foam roller post workout, so I suppose that too could be considered gimmicky, and yes Cookie I finally bought a foam roller, and yes you are to blame

I`m an innovator not an imitator ;-) :lol:

How have you found it.........other than painful :mrgreen:

I like it, it is not earth shattering but for the money and what it does I believe it should be a part of everyone's arsenal. However, I really do not feel I am using it to its potential. Right now I am just using it on the back and neck. What else are you using it for....and keep it clean no need to go there :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:18 pm

itb, calfs, quads

back and glutes

are the main ones i use it for

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I like it, it is not earth shattering but for the money and what it does I believe it should be a part of everyone's arsenal. However, I really do not feel I am using it to its potential. Right now I am just using it on the back and neck. What else are you using it for....and keep it clean no need to go there :finga:

All the major muscle groups & the kids use it as a weapon of mass dad destruction :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Cool, how long do you average for each group?

Off topic, but as a kid I used to build swords and axes out of wood and duct tape this stuff to them before putting them to the test. Drove my parents nuts and killed a few brain cells on my brothers ...strangely they held onto a couple of those works of art.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Cool, how long do you average for each group?

5-10 rolls on each area depending on

a) how knackered I am
b) how hammered the muscle group is
c) what DOM`s are like from previous session

Off topic, but as a kid I used to build swords and axes out of wood and duct tape this stuff to them before putting them to the test. Drove my parents nuts and killed a few brain cells on my brothers ...strangely they held onto a couple of those works of art.

Re-off topic.

Try having one of your own come in & slug you with a baseball bat around the back of the head.

The foam roller has turned out to be a better/safer option :lol:

And YES it did hurt when they did it.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training