It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:43 am
Change font size

Training

Heart rate training

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Heart rate training

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:its not....its crap and way off the mark for anyone other than a few fat 50 year old smokers.............really the crappiest crapppy crap crap..........shit

did i say

its fucking CRAAP

I disagree :butthead:

Scott when you get your monitor just don`t be like me & try to see how high you can get the numbers :lol:

One session in particular last winter when I pushed that hard that my vision just saw white & it wasn`t because I was looking at the snow which is white but sparkles. This was just pure white. Monitors said I`d peaked at 240bpm :shock:

wouldnt hurt you to look at the stuff i poseted there

and your wrong....it is crap

check 10 people of different ages and weights and fitness levels all ten will have a different RHR and all will have different aerobic and anaerobic thresholds.........so an averag e for each person is different .............its too far off

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:52 am

Scott wrote:I dont think Im as mental as you though LOL!

"I don`t suffer from insanity I revel in it." :twisted:

did you read the way the guy from the running site recommended finding your max HR and you Working HR?

I`m going to plus the ones grumpy posted as well.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:54 am

we took 1 guys maximum heart rate to 240+, cant remember exact figure, but it was around the 247 mark and when he jumped off the machine it spiked at 254 or something that was his percieved maximum HR, it would have only gone 1 or 2 higher than that.............he was a fit 19 year old
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am

samurai69 wrote:we took 1 guys maximum heart rate to 240+, cant remember exact figure, but it was around the 247 mark and when he jumped off the machine it spiked at 254 or something that was his percieved maximum HR, it would have only gone 1 or 2 higher than that.............he was a fit 19 year old

My perceived maximum heart rate was mid 180`s & I`ve hit 226 & 240 :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:00 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:we took 1 guys maximum heart rate to 240+, cant remember exact figure, but it was around the 247 mark and when he jumped off the machine it spiked at 254 or something that was his percieved maximum HR, it would have only gone 1 or 2 higher than that.............he was a fit 19 year old

My perceived maximum heart rate was mid 180`s & I`ve hit 226 & 240 :twisted:

doesnt that prove then what i was saying is right then

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 am

samurai69 wrote:doesnt that prove then what i was saying is right then

I aint no normal human being ;-) :twisted:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 am

so once I have my monitor and have done the tests, got my HRs..... what do I do? :roll:

Im thinking that I can use it as a way to measure my fitness levels. is that done by checking resting heart rates or something?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am

Scott wrote:so once I have my monitor and have done the tests, got my HRs..... what do I do? :roll:

Im thinking that I can use it as a way to measure my fitness levels. is that done by checking resting heart rates or something?

I use mine when doing cardiovascular based work to make sure I stay within whatever zone I am supposed to be working in. If I don`t I have noticed that`s when I get injuries. Measuring your RHR is a good way to see if what you are doing is working to get your heart rate down.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Got this on my list. Maybe hit an after xmas sale and join in on the fun :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Got this on my list. Maybe hit an after xmas sale and join in on the fun :mrgreen:

What, who can get the highest heart rate reading without keeling over :supz: :twisted: :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Got this on my list. Maybe hit an after xmas sale and join in on the fun :mrgreen:

What, who can get the highest heart rate reading without keeling over :supz: :twisted: :lol:

well if thats the case i go for the youngest person with ok cardio.............should get well in to 220 mark and beyond

the other Jay....being a cyclist would be a fair bet too

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Cookie wrote:What, who can get the highest heart rate reading without keeling over :supz: :twisted: :lol:

Yes, I am in!
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to Training