It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm
Change font size

Training

Heart rate training

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Heart rate training

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Sprints, yeah. Ankle seems to be holding up....for now :mrgreen:

That`s been some injury on the ankle. Had some ankle sprains myself & I wish I had known them what I know now to have helped with my own rehab because mine are still a mess bio-mechanically & do interfere a lot with my gait.

As much as I`m enjoying the 10k training I have to admit a bit of a love affair with short sprint work & miss them when I have to switch training around & they are not included. :cry:

Melas Zomos wrote:Really just want to start taking a more precise and technical approach so I can better diagnose my weaknesses.

As Sam69 will agree, I`m so OCD that my technical approach verges on something NASA constructed :lol:

Melas Zomos wrote:Just need to get a consistent journal going :mrgreen:

Had journals for years on a number of forums. Even started hand written ones but have a tendency to forget to keep the written ones up-to-date :oops:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am

re hab on ankle once its back to normal

running along side of hill

balance boards and pads

sanddune running
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Cookie wrote:That`s been some injury on the ankle. Had some ankle sprains myself & I wish I had known them what I know now to have helped with my own rehab because mine are still a mess bio-mechanically & do interfere a lot with my gait.

Oh it is still screwed up and does interfere with my gait, but it is just one of those things I have to proceed on with and deal with. I suspect it is going to be a continual problem for a while. Anytime you screw up ligaments in the ankle and wrist you are going to get flare ups again and again. As long as I don't make hard lateral cuts it seems to hold.

Cookie wrote:As Sam69 will agree, I`m so OCD that my technical approach verges on something NASA constructed :lol:

Not planning on NASA approach just yet, Roskosmos (RKA) maybe :mrgreen:

Cookie wrote:Even started hand written ones but have a tendency to forget to keep the written ones up-to-date :oops:

Yeah, me too. Tried writing in cursive the other day :shock:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm

samurai69 wrote:re hab on ankle once its back to normal

balance boards and pads

sanddune running

Going to be awhile till it is back to normal, I fear.

Been on the Indo board regularly. Have not tried running alongside a hill.
Would love to run in sand, but that is not happening until the surf warms up a little :mrgreen:,
or I finally get motivated and finish the sand pit I have been working on for training in the backyard.

thanks
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:20 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:re hab on ankle once its back to normal

balance boards and pads

sanddune running

Going to be awhile till it is back to normal, I fear.

Been on the Indo board regularly. Have not tried running alongside a hill.
Would love to run in sand, but that is not happening until the surf warms up a little :mrgreen:,
or I finally get motivated and finish the sand pit I have been working on for training in the backyard.

thanks

the next gym space i end up getting needs to be big enough for a 40 or 50 m long sand pit for sprint work etc, also going to build a small mud/sand pit typre thing in the gym (not for femle wrestlin) for stone lifting and other bits that work better lifitng from that environment

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 pm

samurai69 wrote:the next gym space i end up getting needs to be big enough for a 40 or 50 m long sand pit for sprint work etc, also going to build a small mud/sand pit typre thing in the gym (not for femle wrestlin) for stone lifting and other bits that work better lifitng from that environment

that would be pretty cool to say the least. :supz:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:the next gym space i end up getting needs to be big enough for a 40 or 50 m long sand pit for sprint work etc, also going to build a small mud/sand pit typre thing in the gym (not for femle wrestlin) for stone lifting and other bits that work better lifitng from that environment

that would be pretty cool to say the least. :supz:

yeh i think so..............pretty unique too

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Still waiting for that mail? Thought the pony express was abandoned years ago, suppose not. :mrgreen:

How bout an update, might get one in the next few weeks.

got my monitor eventually! only a few weeks late :roll: Made a start with getting my waking heart rate but yet to get my max tested. Due to the snow and ice would you beleive, I dont really have anywhere suitable to go all out for 3 mins running! Its been really bad up here since the start of December.
Ive still been out running but its too unstable to go flat out.
Been a good thaw the last few days though and its supposed to be pissing down over the weekend so hopefully I'll find 3 minutes worth of ground to tempt a massive heart attack!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Scott wrote:got my monitor eventually! only a few weeks late :roll: Made a start with getting my waking heart rate but yet to get my max tested. Due to the snow and ice would you beleive, I dont really have anywhere suitable to go all out for 3 mins running! Its been really bad up here since the start of December.
Ive still been out running but its too unstable to go flat out.
Been a good thaw the last few days though and its supposed to be pissing down over the weekend so hopefully I'll find 3 minutes worth of ground to tempt a massive heart attack!

Have some tests to do myself next week or week after & I`m interested to see how things have progressed this past 12 weeks. The ones I did down at S69`s gym showed signs of overall improvements & places that need to improve.

I would recommend everyone try to do all their cardiovascular training with a monitor on.

Are you using the monitor for the waking heart rate?

When your testing your resting heart rate, if you do, how are you doing it?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Still just following the guidelines from the runners wolrd site which recomended taking your waking HR average over a few days. So thats basically what Ive done.
Wake up, put the monitor on and chill for a wee bit.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Scott wrote:Wake up, put the monitor on and chill for a wee bit.

Is that chilling in bed & lying down?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Cookie wrote:
Scott wrote:Wake up, put the monitor on and chill for a wee bit.

Is that chilling in bed & lying down?

yeah.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Training