It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am
Change font size

Training

Indoor championships

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Indoor championships

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Watched a few races today & have been amazed at the number of people with Kineso taping all over their legs, glutes & lower backs :shock:

Sam69 used a very similar technique last year to hold me together for a race.
Attachments
tape3 (Small).jpg
tape3 (Small).jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
tape4 (Small).jpg
tape4 (Small).jpg (37.26 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Indoor championships

Postby samurai69 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:42 pm

duct tape rocks
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 pm

the number of people with Kineso taping all over their legs, glutes & lower backs

The ones that are 100% injury free are the odd ones and probably havent been training for about 3 months prior............ due to injury!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Scott wrote:The ones that are 100% injury free are the odd ones and probably havent been training for about 3 months prior............ due to injury!

Quite possibly true :lol:

I saw one woman runner & she had more tape on her than an Egyptian mummy. All you could see was blue flashing round the track :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 pm

In a lot of cases it is just there for mental insurance, obviously since 85% are taped incorrectly to begin with.
It is actually pretty tricky getting it right for athletic purposes. Though I really do not like taping I do tape my ankles and wrists when wrestling and often have to do them several times to get it right.
Athletic tape is my preference, but electrical tape is my 2nd over duct tape. But duct tape does work in a pinch so to speak :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 am

Melas Zomos wrote:In a lot of cases it is just there for mental insurance, obviously since 85% are taped incorrectly to begin with.
It is actually pretty tricky getting it right for athletic purposes. Though I really do not like taping I do tape my ankles and wrists when wrestling and often have to do them several times to get it right.
Athletic tape is my preference, but electrical tape is my 2nd over duct tape. But duct tape does work in a pinch so to speak :mrgreen:

duct tape rocks

as for electrical tape i think, if its the same stuff, that it would not be the best.........................taping is done wrong in many cases yes, unf=ortunately ................ if people studies anatomy and physiology properly they would manage it better thanthey do now
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 pm

samurai69 wrote:as for electrical tape i think, if its the same stuff, that it would not be the best.......

Don't know if I can agree with you on that. I would use duct tape to fully immobilize a joint, yeah but not to aid in just supporting a sketchy joint if given a choice.
I have used both and they do work, I just found electrical tape better for stabilizing the wrists/ankles/knees over duct tape where movement is needed. Now if something goes "snap" then I would go for the duct tape....and the whiskey :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:as for electrical tape i think, if its the same stuff, that it would not be the best.......

Don't know if I can agree with you on that. I would use duct tape to fully immobilize a joint, yeah but not to aid in just supporting a sketchy joint if given a choice.
I have used both and they do work, I just found electrical tape better for stabilizing the wrists/ankles/knees over duct tape where movement is needed. Now if something goes "snap" then I would go for the duct tape....and the whiskey :mrgreen:

no no no, wasnt comparing duct tape to electrical tape as i agree with you on the duct tape as it has no or very litle give

what i ment was that electrical tape, unless its used over bandages can be quite firm and unforgiving, we used to use it to over tape support bandages and maybe to tape fingers together etc where a little give is necessary

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 pm

samurai69 wrote:what i ment was that electrical tape, unless its used over bandages can be quite firm and unforgiving, we used to use it to over tape support bandages and maybe to tape fingers together etc where a little give is necessary

You are right on with that.
If I have to use it, as I had too Saturday night because I completely forgot to get some more athletic tape, I use it over top a sock for the ankles. The wrists it took a few bad attempts to get it right without anything underneath, but to be honest that is more for external grip that support so I can keep it looser than say the ankles which I use it for support.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm

The guy playing Murray at Wimbledon has a load of kineso taping on his front quad just above his knee.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Cookie wrote:The guy playing Murray at Wimbledon has a load of kineso taping on his front quad just above his knee.

How awesome would it have been if it was Duct Tape instead....Imagine the coverage on Sports Center if that happened....should have been an agent #-o
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:The guy playing Murray at Wimbledon has a load of kineso taping on his front quad just above his knee.

How awesome would it have been if it was Duct Tape instead.
...Imagine the coverage on Sports Center if that happened....should have been an agent #-o

would be good...............if i had taped him it would have been duct tape!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to Training