It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 pm
Change font size

Training

Feeling Peaky

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling Peaky

Postby SpageHopkins » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Just completed the DR Squat 80 day power cycle, inputted 1RM squat 190kg BP 135kg Deadlift 190kg.
Now it got me through to squat 195kgx3x2sets and same on deadlift BP 135kgx2x3sets,which are PB's and I am pleased with.
But today should have been Lift day and because of safety reasons I decided to join new spartan (I had planned to wait til the start of a new cycle). So I turn up saying I can lift this and that and GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...........
You got it, left my lifts in that last workout, one step too far. Peaked too soon ("Feeling Peaky" get it)
Squat 180kg(I was getting that for 8 reps)
Bench 120kg (I was getting 6 reps easy)
Deadlift 200kg (OK aint been that high for a while).
Just glad I decided just to run through a tryout, I shall regroup and may post a total on Virtualmeet.net.
They have a powermeet in early April.
I must say that New Spartan gym with the owner is most welcoming and indulging my delusions of grandeur (I sometimes worry I will get presented with a bill for all this conversation)
Last edited by SpageHopkins on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Re: Feeling Peaky

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 pm

It would be more likely that he will just make you suffer with the smell of fruit smoothies and that george forman grill from what I gather?????
Good luck on the power meet.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm

SpageHopkins wrote: (I sometimes worry I will get presented with a bill for all this conversation)

LOL!
Wouldnt be totally suprised :mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 am

ca ching!! ................. dont go giving me ideas
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby SpageHopkins » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

WOW. Just read (reread) the Dave Tate article about Westside system, after my last cycle it all seems to make a lot of sense. I have found through my own experience that I gain strength for 3 workouts then bomb on the 4th and I always have a problem knowing how I feel that day.Because I like training so until I pick up the heavy set I dont know (or too stubborn), Anyway I have read this before but dismissed it because as a back yard trainer I could not consider all that equipment. Still now at New Spartan gym with all that gear and encouragement to try stuff, I have found my next cycle. Dynamic Effort, Max Effort, chains, straps, blocks and trying new positions. I'm gonna need a bigger training log. By eck we did'na 'ave all this internet in my day, it were Charles atlas dynamic tension and we were glad of it.
Geesh I should be getting the money all this positive advertising for the gym
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:49 pm

SpageHopkins wrote:WOW. Just read (reread) the Dave Tate article about Westside system, after my last cycle it all seems to make a lot of sense. I have found through my own experience that I gain strength for 3 workouts then bomb on the 4th and I always have a problem knowing how I feel that day.Because I like training so until I pick up the heavy set I dont know (or too stubborn), Anyway I have read this before but dismissed it because as a back yard trainer I could not consider all that equipment. Still now at New Spartan gym with all that gear and encouragement to try stuff, I have found my next cycle. Dynamic Effort, Max Effort, chains, straps, blocks and trying new positions. I'm gonna need a bigger training log. By eck we did'na 'ave all this internet in my day, it were Charles atlas dynamic tension and we were glad of it.

sounds like a plan

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 pm

SpageHopkins wrote:WOW. Just read (reread) the Dave Tate article about Westside system, after my last cycle it all seems to make a lot of sense. I have found through my own experience that I gain strength for 3 workouts then bomb on the 4th and I always have a problem knowing how I feel that day.Because I like training so until I pick up the heavy set I dont know (or too stubborn), Anyway I have read this before but dismissed it because as a back yard trainer I could not consider all that equipment. Still now at New Spartan gym with all that gear and encouragement to try stuff, I have found my next cycle. Dynamic Effort, Max Effort, chains, straps, blocks and trying new positions. I'm gonna need a bigger training log. By eck we did'na 'ave all this internet in my day, it were Charles atlas dynamic tension and we were glad of it.

I know the feeling well :-k
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 am

i think the 6 ot 8 million people that post on here already know about the gym

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby SpageHopkins » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

First Dynamic Effort box squat workout, 2 reps 8 sets 100kg loved it and got some cardio putting back the furniture (stacked in order of course) although might have to rethink the Kettlebell swings. My left elbow feels like its pulling apart.
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:24 pm

SpageHopkins wrote:My left elbow feels like its pulling apart.

Swings???? or was it cleans?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby SpageHopkins » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:45 am

Only swings, only 16kg, only meant to be getting some cardio and pump in my lower back. Started single arm thats what did it, same as rows,OK when 2 handed but one arm rows I am stopped by the left elbow. Good to write this down to try and remind myself which bits are falling apart
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 am

SpageHopkins wrote:Good to write this down to try and remind myself which bits are falling apart

If you would like we could set you up with your own journal in the journal section so you can have a place to track everything?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training