It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:39 am
Change font size

Training

Sleep

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sleep

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 pm

I reckon Im sleep deprived most of the time. Im such a light sleeper. This is no joke.... I get woken up by one of my dogs looking at me. its not just the dogs but they do it a lot. If either of the kids or dogs stand next to the bed while Im sleeping I'll wake up. I get woken up by the mrs clicking a mouse button. Sometimes I get pissed off with it and sleep downstairs on the sofa just to get more of an undisturbed sleep.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 am

Scott wrote:I reckon Im sleep deprived most of the time. Im such a light sleeper. This is no joke.... I get woken up by one of my dogs looking at me. its not just the dogs but they do it a lot. If either of the kids or dogs stand next to the bed while Im sleeping I'll wake up. I get woken up by the mrs clicking a mouse button. Sometimes I get pissed off with it and sleep downstairs on the sofa just to get more of an undisturbed sleep.

ban dogs from bedroom and why is missus playing on PC in bed

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

samurai69 wrote:

ban dogs from bedroom and why is missus playing on PC in bed

Ive got the pc set up in the bedroom, so I can work on sites in peice but that plan can backfire a bit when she's almost nocturnal :roll:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Scott wrote:I reckon Im sleep deprived most of the time. Im such a light sleeper. This is no joke.... I get woken up by one of my dogs looking at me. its not just the dogs but they do it a lot. If either of the kids or dogs stand next to the bed while Im sleeping I'll wake up. I get woken up by the mrs clicking a mouse button. Sometimes I get pissed off with it and sleep downstairs on the sofa just to get more of an undisturbed sleep.

I wouldn`t allow dogs or pc into bedroom, never ever [-X

Do you have a memory foam mattress or pillow?

How close to bed do you eat?

Do you use anything to help you wind down & sleep?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Cookie wrote:I wouldn`t allow dogs or pc into bedroom, never ever [-X
you're right, cant really argue those points. Im soft where my dogs are concerned. :oops:

Do you have a memory foam mattress or pillow?
neither. doubt I could afford a new matress just now but I was thinking about one of those pillows that you got. Its not uncommon for me to wake up with a sore neck.
How close to bed do you eat?
my cut off time for food is 2 hours before bed. In practice its closer to 3.

Do you use anything to help you wind down & sleep?
occasionally have ZMA but that doesnt really help you sleep as such. I do have some gaba but Im not finding it very successful. Other than that I dont do anything else, I tend to watch an episode of american dad while in bed.... Ive read that sort of thing is bad for sleep!

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Hang fire with the new pillow till I get this one I have been offered FOC by the mattress company. If its as good as their mattresses I`ll let you know. And I have a code for a further 20% off that you can use ;-)

Watching tv or computer monitors/screens is not good for letting the body relax before bed. A defo no no in our house is tv`s on in bedrooms before bed.

I like to use lavender oil or a night time magnesium oil by betteryou.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Do either of you guys take your fish oil supplement at bedtime? I have found taking it before bed seems pretty effective in putting me in a dream state faster and longer. It also seems to help with recovery. I used to take it in the morning or early afternoon.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Do either of you guys take your fish oil supplement at bedtime? I have found taking it before bed seems pretty effective in putting me in a dream state faster and longer. It also seems to help with recovery. I used to take it in the morning or early afternoon.

I got out of the habit :oops:

Only thing I found was that any more than 1 capsule would wake me up :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Cookie wrote:Only thing I found was that any more than 1 capsule would wake me up :shock:

To be honest have only tried one pill, now you forever doomed me at staying with one by saying that 2 will wake you up...thanks buddy :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:thanks buddy :mrgreen:

Your welcome ;-)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training