It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:48 am
Change font size

Training

V02 max easily measured by Beep test

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

V02 max easily measured by Beep test

Postby wilkes2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 am

Anyone at Ranger Regiment or most serious athletes have heard of this test. The Beep Test. I forget who it was developed by. You have a set course of two cones 20 meters apart. You have to make the next cone before the beep. Beeps progressively get faster til its absolutelty ludicrous. You score is based on the level you acheive and then can be compared to a chart for V02 max.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
Sine Metu
wilkes2011
Helot
Helot

Re: V02 max easily measured by Beep test

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 pm

wilkes2011 wrote:Anyone at Ranger Regiment or most serious athletes have heard of this test. The Beep Test. I forget who it was developed by. You have a set course of two cones 20 meters apart. You have to make the next cone before the beep. Beeps progressively get faster til its absolutelty ludicrous. You score is based on the level you acheive and then can be compared to a chart for V02 max.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

I did it earlier this year when I was down at Samurai69`s gym in Watford. Reached 11.2 or a "percieved" VO2 max of 50.8.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby wilkes2011 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Thats very good. Was that your first time doing it?The highest I have ever got was a 12.4. It was miserable and I still had alot of events left after that
Sine Metu
wilkes2011
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

wilkes2011 wrote:Thats very good. Was that your first time doing it?The highest I have ever got was a 12.4. It was miserable and I still had alot of events left after that

First time yes.

Considering doing it again in a little over 2 weeks time to see what changes have happend after I get a race out of the way I`m entering.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Thought I best add that I did my bleep test after eating a large English breakfast & could taste the black pudding wanting to make a return call :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 am

Cookie wrote:Thought I best add that I did my bleep test after eating a large English breakfast & could taste the black pudding wanting to make a return call :lol:

was a good breakfast though

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 am

samurai69 wrote:was a good breakfast though

Very good but coffee was sub standard

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training