It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:24 am
Change font size

Training

110kg atlas stone

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

110kg atlas stone

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 am

got it back to the gym ok

baz had a try and lifted it quite comfortably on to the high platform, a little struggle at the top because of height, but that can be worked on..........a good stone, because it is probably more difficult than a standard stone because of slightly off shape

ben had a few tries and managed a lift to about knee height 2 times

i lifted it to a mid ab point on first attempt quickly realiosing that the zipper on my hoodie could posasibly push through to my stomach and i quickly dropped the sdtone, breaking the base platform (pallet s)

second and third attempts i managed it to above stomach, but as i rolled it to lift on to platform it was rollong backwards under my hold so i think, a couple more practices (without hoodie) and i should be ok with it

looking forward to getting a 120 or 125 kg stone (maybe 130) and a 100kg stone for progression as well as the hussafelt trainer and a decent natural stone around 120kg

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: 110kg atlas stone

Postby Cookie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:15 am

I said it was perfect for lifting because of its rough shape & feel. Also said you should have taken the other 2 stones to help with progression. At least that way you`ve would have had the full set instead of waiting to get the new ones & replacements made ;-)

Can`t wait for the hussafelt training stone to get here, then again can`t wait for the replacement stones because I fancy doing some work with the smaller one to work work on hip drive & pressing.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby SpageHopkins » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 am

baz had a try and lifted it quite comfortably on to the high platform, a little struggle at the top because of height, but that can be worked on

What have you got a rack to stretch him??? How far will you go.
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby SpageHopkins » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:51 am

second and third attempts i managed it to above stomach,

so it sat on the beer belly
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 am

SpageHopkins wrote:
second and third attempts i managed it to above stomach,

so it sat on the beer belly

didnt quite make it on to the beer gut, if it had it would have been easy

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 am

samurai69 wrote:i lifted it to a mid ab point on first attempt quickly realiosing that the zipper on my hoodie could posasibly push through to my stomach and i quickly dropped the sdtone, breaking the base platform (pallet s)

I thought you guys were a little more hardcore than that. :mrgreen:
If I see a video posted of you guys trying it with spandex on.........its on :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to Training