It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am
Change font size

Training

Orthopaedic Memory Foam

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthopaedic Memory Foam

Postby Cookie » Sun May 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Latest blog post charting the last few weeks use of an orthopaedic memory foam pillow I have had the pleasure of trying out courtesy of Mammoth Sport LTD.

Mammoth Sport Orthopaedic Memory Pillow
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Orthopaedic Memory Foam

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Great article. I too recommend trying a memory foam pillow. For the money it is something you really can tryout even if it does not workout for you.
I have about 6 different pillows, one even water filled but the memory foam is the winner. I have had numerous neck injuries and can easily detect what works and what does not.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Great article.

Thanks.

Melas Zomos wrote:I too recommend trying a memory foam pillow. For the money it is something you really can tryout even if it does not workout for you.
I have about 6 different pillows, one even water filled but the memory foam is the winner. I have had numerous neck injuries and can easily detect what works and what does not.

Your as bad as me :lol:

I have a few pillows & its not unusual for me to change pillows midway through the night :roll:

Never used a water filled one but the memory foam ones do seem the way to go. Especially if you get a good quality one & one that`s a decent size.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon May 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Great article.

Thanks.

Melas Zomos wrote:I too recommend trying a memory foam pillow. For the money it is something you really can tryout even if it does not workout for you.

Your as bad as me :lol:

I have a few pillows & its not unusual for me to change pillows midway through the night :roll:

Never used a water filled one but the memory foam ones do seem the way to go. Especially if you get a good quality one & one that`s a decent size.

Water filled is junk, at least as far as my neck is concerned. Don't bother.
And yeah I change out as needed. My two favorites are a heavy memory foam and a light memory foam. The heavy one is usually best. The lighter one I use if I knock the neck out wrestling because it does not raise it up quite as high.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Water filled is junk, at least as far as my neck is concerned. Don't bother.
And yeah I change out as needed. My two favorites are a heavy memory foam and a light memory foam. The heavy one is usually best. The lighter one I use if I knock the neck out wrestling because it does not raise it up quite as high.

Will put the water filled down on the list f things not to get :smt023

I`m finding the lighter models a little better/easier during the winter months. Good thing with the Mammoth products is they work as hard as possible to allow air to circulate so you can keep cool. Most other memory foam products just make you sweat.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

New one to hit the television.

Very "similar" method to the mattress I have.

http://www.octaspring.co.uk/

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training