It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:03 am
Change font size

Training

Ice Baths

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ice Baths

Postby Cookie » Mon May 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I have experience with salt/ice baths so to speak with off season surfing. It does wonders for rejuvenation, however it does take forever to warm up and few to get the bladder back to normal :mrgreen:
Of course you got shrinkage to deal with too :mrgreen:

Really have not tried it outside of surfing though, but I do know nothing beats the ocean. Just too lazy to fill up a trashcan and have at it. Once of these days I will get my act together

Thought of filling up the trash can but the potential smell put me off :mrgreen:

The shrinkage aint funny unless your the wife :roll:

Last twice I tried the reheating of the body took far too long for my liking.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Cookie wrote:The shrinkage aint funny unless your the wife :roll:

When we are sharing a pint, ask me about the shrinkage incident when I went surfing in the very early spring and the Japanese female tourists :shock:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:The shrinkage aint funny unless your the wife :roll:

When we are sharing a pint, ask me about the shrinkage incident when I went surfing in the very early spring and the Japanese female tourists :shock:

well at least it wasnt a shrinkage incident and a fisherman looking for a small maggot :oops:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:When we are sharing a pint, ask me about the shrinkage incident when I went surfing in the very early spring and the Japanese female tourists :shock:

They thought it was a Sushi roll so whipped out the soya sauce & chop sticks to take a mouth full whilst it was still fresh :mrgreen:

Should I be drinking my pint whilst your telling me this or is it going to result with cider spat all over the table as I try not to choke whilst laughing:?:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training