It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:24 pm
Change font size

Training

Screaming in the gym?

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Screaming in the gym?

Postby Cookie » Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 am

Yes or no?

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Screaming in the gym?

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 am

Cookie wrote:Yes or no?

its the "Kiah" the explosive breath out thats used in karate etc........i know that works, but its not necessary when some twat in the gym is doing flyes with 5kg bells then screams as he throws them down after his set

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

samurai69 wrote:its the "Kiah" the explosive breath out thats used in karate etc........i know that works, but its not necessary when some twat in the gym is doing flyes with 5kg bells then screams as he throws them down after his set

Interesting to see it backed up with to see it backed up with some science numbers. I did wonder if the guy had psyched himself out knowing he could not scream.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:its the "Kiah" the explosive breath out thats used in karate etc........i know that works, but its not necessary when some twat in the gym is doing flyes with 5kg bells then screams as he throws them down after his set

Interesting to see it backed up with to see it backed up with some science numbers. I did wonder if the guy had psyched himself out knowing he could not scream.

he could have used a sharp exhalation of air to get the same result as the scream, so probably did psych himself out a bit too

i havent seen the whole episode of that, ....... is it a new series or an old one you found??

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 pm

screaming is for the kids of the gym.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:screaming is for the kids of the gym.

I must be a kid then cos I`ve let the odd scream or three rip out when pulling a few dead-lifts or hitting that pain threshold on some 20 rep squats. Oh those were the days :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:45 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:screaming is for the kids of the gym.

I must be a kid then cos I`ve let the odd scream or three rip out when pulling a few dead-lifts or hitting that pain threshold on some 20 rep squats. Oh those were the days :lol:

good job it wasnt in my gym..................unless it was a serious weight, did let out a bit of a yell the first time l lifted the doinnie stone weight!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 pm

samurai69 wrote:good job it wasnt in my gym..................

Pity it wasn`t :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training