It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 pm
Change font size

Training

Stopping Using Age as an Excuse to Fail!

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Stopping Using Age as an Excuse to Fail!

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 am

http://ironkettlebellfitness.com/stoppi ... -fail.html

Since beginning my lifting “career” over 25 years ago, I’ve heard many excuses for not achieving ones fitness goals. Hell, I’ve even used a few myself now and again, everybody has. One excuse I’ve never used is age. I’ve heard many a 30 something person complain that they are “too old” to do this or that. They walk around in poor health and out of shape and blame it on their age. Or they say, “I’m too old to be lifting heavy and building strength”. Or they complain that they can’t loose the spare tire around their midsection because they are getting older and that’s just how it is when you get old.

BRAVO SIERRA!!!!!

I’m 42 and I can say that without a doubt that I have gotten stronger and in better shape every year. In fact, I have had an enormous leap in my strength levels in the last 5 or 6 years as compared to my 20’s and early 30’s. Sure, there are some advantages to being 20, namely your recovery time is drastically shorter but the advantages of age far out weight the disadvantages. You simply must embrace the advantages and learn to work around the disadvantages.

Slim the Hammer Man who possesses a pair of the strongest forearms EVER, stated that he became dangerous once he got into his 40’s. At age 70 +, he is still head and shoulders above most grip strength athletes half his age.

There are a lot of excuses out there for failing to get what you desire but most are just self imposed limits. I can tell you that God didn’t bless me with the genetics or the physical attributes to build superhuman strength but he did bless me the ability to never give up until the goal I have set for myself has been achieved. Failure simply isn’t part of the equation for me.

As I get older, and hopefully wiser, I can tell you that with age comes experience. This experience cannot be gained from reading a book or watching television or even listening to me, it comes from doing over and over and over again. Age shouldn’t be something you fear, but rather something you embrace and cherish.

Kill it!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training