It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:08 pm
Change font size

Training

big terry hollands and new log press record

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

big terry hollands and new log press record

Postby lil john » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 am

Log lifting champ in portsmouth and it looks like big tel did a 190kg for the new british record.

Now that's a log lift!!
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: big terry hollands and new log press record

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:12 am

TheReaper wrote:Log lifting champ in portsmouth and it looks like big tel did a 190kg for the new british record.

Now that's a log lift!!

excellent news, Loz didnt think terry was going to even be there...................and tel with that bicep injury last year

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm

actually it was LOZ, just found this

http://youtu.be/
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 pm

He does stuff like that then like most English / British competitors seems to under perform on the big stage.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Cookie wrote:He does stuff like that then like most English / British competitors seems to under perform on the big stage.

loz hasnt under performed at any of his comps

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:26 pm

samurai69 wrote:loz hasnt under performed at any of his comps

He's never won WSM & he should have done. His fist outing proved he was a force to be reckoned with.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:loz hasnt under performed at any of his comps

He's never won WSM & he should have done. His fist outing proved he was a force to be reckoned with.

TBH its very early on in his career and he is proving himself well.....and WSM is going to be tuff againct big Z and shaw,amongst others...he has always done well though

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:13 pm

LOL how is Loz paul? whats he been up to on the weekends? or is that restraining order still active?

I must admit I have never liked him much, but only because he don't fit the stature that I expect from a WSM. Which makes his lifts more impressive. I would love to see Hollands, (or big T bone as Paul likes to call him) win the WSM. It was a few years ago he got on the podium wasn't it but has had some tough luck in recent years?
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 am

fits wrote:LOL how is Loz paul? whats he been up to on the weekends? or is that restraining order still active?

I must admit I have never liked him much, but only because he don't fit the stature that I expect from a WSM. Which makes his lifts more impressive. I would love to see Hollands, (or big T bone as Paul likes to call him) win the WSM. It was a few years ago he got on the podium wasn't it but has had some tough luck in recent years?

terry could do with stopping the fags and really focus hard for 1 year and he would do it

Loz is pretty serious, but may lack the overall fitness for a top podium finish at WSM, again needs to cut some fat................but fuck me he is strong, dave beatie really rates him in squat and deadlift and hes been going to a lot of grip events

i saw shaw at bodypower and he makes terry hollands look short.................probably the biggest contender this year after big Z

i really like Micha Koklayevs personality and when competing his drive to win, but lacks the weight needed for a real top 3 finish at WSM

Jimmy marku was training well and pulling some big numbers........but wount be on the scene again for some time........enforced holliday!!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 am

thouight loz was juding, ooops
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:09 pm

looks like he hardly struggles on that vid aswell!!!
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:55 am

TheReaper wrote:thouight loz was juding, ooops

was supposed to be

on about bad foot all week then Bang new brit record

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to Training