It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:25 pm
Change font size

Training

If you could

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

If you could

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 pm

If you could go back & do anything differently with your training career what would it be?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: If you could

Postby samurai69 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

full ROM onall lifts in early stages and use all the info i have now.....but then when i was younger

so i could have done markour and been a strongman earlier

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby SpageHopkins » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 pm

WESTSIDE WESTSIDE
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 am

samurai69 wrote:full ROM onall lifts in early stages and use all the info i have now.....but then when i was younger

so i could have done markour and been a strongman earlier

Agree with those.

By "markour" you mean "parkour" :lol: If that's right again I think learning to control your own bodyweight before starting weights is a better way forward.

SpageHopkins wrote:WESTSIDE WESTSIDE

Is that because of the structure?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:53 am

look after my body, lots of core work so i wouldn have injured myself so easy.
be totally different now
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

lil john wrote:look after my body, lots of core work so i wouldn have injured myself so easy.
be totally different now

Remember when doing "core" work it also includes work for your lower back as its all interlinked.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Cookie wrote:By "markour" you mean "parkour" :lol: If that's right again I think learning to control your own bodyweight before starting weights is a better way forward.

I would go along with this, included a more gymnastic/olympic lift approach along with mastery of bodyweight work earlier.

Cookie wrote:

Other than the fond memories of the crew that I trained with while doing Westside, I would probably pass on this personally on my second go around.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby SpageHopkins » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:28 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:By "markour" you mean "parkour" :lol: If that's right again I think learning to control your own bodyweight before starting weights is a better way forward.

I would go along with this, included a more gymnastic/olympic lift approach along with mastery of bodyweight work earlier.

Cookie wrote:

Other than the fond memories of the crew that I trained with while doing Westside, I would probably pass on this personally on my second go around.

I really enjoy Max and Dynamic days and I am not plagued by going backwards in my training because of the constant change.
Also if it dont work for everyone I am even more pleased because Hey I have struggled for years so why should it be easy.

Dont know if that sounds bad but I am sure my struggles are not over.

Westside is a train of thought rather than a program I now dont set anything in stone and do as I feel on the day, which sounds so simple but desire to improve makes you ignore the signals from your body. Seem to have lost the need to prove myself to others I am pleased with how strong I am. Dont get me wrong I would love to be a Steve Angell but "Que sera sera"
"...to me the object is not to beat someone, but merely to live up to your potential"
SpageHopkins
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Training