It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:34 pm
Change font size

Training

Whats yours??

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Whats yours??

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:50 pm

samurai69 wrote:the only 3 guys in the gym that can manage a dragons flag,

Tried last week but was holding onto someones ankles so didn't feel secure enough to pull the movement off. Long time since I did those.

Melas Zomos wrote:Just out of curiousity, how is their flexibility? Are they still relatively flexible? You too Scott, how is your flexibility holding up?

Flexibility is getting better but not what it should be for someone whose done as much training as I have over the years.

Scott wrote:The only thing I have really noticed is my recovery time needs to be a bit longer. The younger lads can be in grappling 4-5 times per week.............. me, not so much ;-

Hell yeah, recovery is my nemesis. Can I hell go balls to the walls training wise & expect to train a couple of days later. It just aint happening these days.

but y'know what they say - 'quality over quantity' :grin:

I try to get quality & quantity in these days. Do as little as possible to get the desired training effect.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:15 pm

My flexibility remains "above average" by and large. I think if it's not worked at flexibility goes first and very quickly!
Chris
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Chris wrote:My flexibility remains "above average" by and large. I think if it's not worked at flexibility goes first and very quickly!

Done so much work on my hip flexibility this past few months its crazy. Its working but there is a heck of a lot of room for improvements.

Defo something I'll be teaching the offspring if they get into sports seriously is that a sound stretching program 3+ times per week is a must if they are to reach their goals.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training