It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am
Change font size

Training

New training routine

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

New training routine

Postby Savage » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:50 pm

So after picking up another injury at training and being less than active for the past 2 months i've canceled my gym membership an am going it alone. Going to set up a space in the garage to workout in and planning to do it with as little investment as i can. Maybe an ab wheel and a mat at the moment, might expand to a kettlebell.
So the plan is to start back at training next month theres a new beginners mma course starting so im going to tag along in that till i get my general fitness back.
As for the garage going to go body weight exercise go a bar for pull ups, handstand push ups, chair dips and so on.
Hoping to get as good as a results as I had before I stopped last time and save some dosh. Wish me well men.
Savage
Helot
Helot

Re: New training routine

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Go for it :grin: plenty of great physiques have been built with bodyweight exercises & routines.

Instead of the kettlebell maybe make yourself a sandbag?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Savage » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Cookie wrote:Go for it :grin: plenty of great physiques have been built with bodyweight exercises & routines.

Had been thinking of getting a bag of some sort have the punchbag which i'll be using for squats and some other things
Savage
Helot
Helot

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am

Cookie wrote:Go for it :grin: plenty of great physiques have been built with bodyweight exercises & routines.

I agree 100%
Personally I would pass on the kettlebell and use that money elsewhere. Sandbag, Med Ball, Weightvest, heavybag since you are into mma.
My personal feelings towards kettlebells are they are neat, but you will quickly out grow it and to be honest it is more of a fashion accessory than anything after a few months. The only time I break mine out now is if someone asks, or if I get the urge to do turkish get ups. Of course if you are planning photo ops, then by all means buy one and make sure you get the mandatory black shirt to go with it :mrgreen: Plenty of better equipment to buy imo.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Savage » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

had a bit of thinking and going to use coal bags instead of a sandbag mightn't be as comfy but will do the job me thinks
Savage
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 am

Savage wrote:had a bit of thinking and going to use coal bags instead of a sandbag mightn't be as comfy but will do the job me thinks

Having used a coal sack fro training with I would opt for the sand. Trouble with coal is it breaks up quite quickly when used. This not only gets you very dirty :lol: but it can then cost additional monies to keep replacing the break up coal which is now coal dust.

Unless of course your getting your coal for free :mrgreen:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Cookie wrote:
Savage wrote:had a bit of thinking and going to use coal bags instead of a sandbag mightn't be as comfy but will do the job me thinks

Having used a coal sack fro training with I would opt for the sand. Trouble with coal is it breaks up quite quickly when used. This not only gets you very dirty :lol: but it can then cost additional monies to keep replacing the break up coal which is now coal dust.

Unless of course your getting your coal for free :mrgreen:

No need for the tanning bed then, another coin saved for more equipment :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:No need for the tanning bed then, another coin saved for more equipment :mrgreen:

Unfortunately not. A training session always required a bath afterwards to wash out all the coal dust which I would get covered in around face & neck.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training