It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am
Change font size

Training

Oly Lifting Seminar

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Oly Lifting Seminar

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:28 am

Oly Lifting Seminar with Maz hardiman, 5 times british champion and record holder

firts part was snatch....couldnt do this...absolutely no way my shoulder can take it....over head squat attempt showed that up startight away

went on to C&J after lunch got upto 50kg full c&j but felt shoulder pain on 60kg attempt

could have power cleaned 100kg

Maz has over 20k's worth of old oly plates and bars, even the training bar we used where £700 each)......shows the diference in some ways between the quality of bars, but also that cheap bars with flex are ok too up to well over 100kg C&J

Great seminar and with a bit of luck will start up a small OLY lifting division to compete at regional events

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Oly Lifting Seminar

Postby Cookie » Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Jealous.

Would love to have some one on one work with a proper Olympic lifting coach.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 am

makes so much difference
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 pm

samurai69 wrote:makes so much difference

Bet it does.

This country is seems to be seriously lacking gyms that teach stuff like that. Not the hybrid lifts but full on Olympic lifts.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:23 am

no gyms really teach hybrid lifts oir any of the variations even

shame too

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Those high-end bars are something else. Really a noticeable step up. I have a pretty good york, though not top of line, and I was gifted a chinese standard and seldom do I use the standard. Back in the day one of my buddies used to bring in his own olympic bar in the gym, had a case for it and everything just like he was heading to the pub for some pool hustling. Used to poke fun at him, till I tried it out, stopped after that :supz:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Those high-end bars are something else. Really a noticeable step up. I have a pretty good york, though not top of line, and I was gifted a chinese standard and seldom do I use the standard. Back in the day one of my buddies used to bring in his own olympic bar in the gym, had a case for it and everything just like he was heading to the pub for some pool hustling. Used to poke fun at him, till I tried it out, stopped after that :supz:

all the bars at MAZ's place where 20 year old top end bars cheapest was about £600

completeley different

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training