It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am
Change font size

Training

Testosterone, Growth Hormones & Muscle Building

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Testosterone, Growth Hormones & Muscle Building

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:12 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Testosterone, Growth Hormones & Muscle Building

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:28 am

November!!.....GH mmmmmm !!!!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 pm

samurai69 wrote:November!!.....GH mmmmmm !!!!

Well you are now at the right age to use :finga:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:12 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:November!!.....GH mmmmmm !!!!

Well you are now at the right age to use :finga:

TBH that was my reasoning LOL
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Certainly both play factors.

How are we approaching this thread?

Natural?
Natural Supplemental?
Synthetics?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Certainly both play factors.

Natural?
Natural Supplemental?
Synthetics?

The article said exercise had little bearing on hormones & muscle building. S69 is getting over the hill so needs all the help he can get :mrgreen:

From an "aging" athletes perspective I have considered getting my bloods checked just to see where we are on the test front & whether its worthwhile looking into some addition help from other areas.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Certainly both play factors.

Natural?
Natural Supplemental?
Synthetics?

The article said exercise had little bearing on hormones & muscle building. S69 is getting over the hill so needs all the help he can get :mrgreen:

From an "aging" athletes perspective I have considered getting my bloods checked just to see where we are on the test front & whether its worthwhile looking into some addition help from other areas.

How are we defining "aging" I didn't think you were all that old Cookie? though I am aware that S69 is not so much "over the hill" as "older than the hills" !!! :roflicon:
Chris
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Cookie wrote:From an "aging" athletes perspective I have considered getting my bloods checked just to see where we are on the test front & whether its worthwhile looking into some addition help from other areas.

Unfortunately, given a long enough timeline we are all are going to reach that point we have to look into help. It is certainly worth getting a blood test and establishing a baseline even if you decide not to do anything about it. At least then in a few years you can look back and see where you were at.

What I have concluded thus far, heavy intensity does help a little with GH, so we are all alright on this one. Really don't think the natural GH booster are really worth a darn. Giving one a try right now, but it is hard to say. With GH I am convinced you have to get the Grade A pharma stuff for it to be worth it, and even then it is very pricey. Have a few mates toying with some of the China GH, and am getting mixed reports. Strangely one thing they all have in commons is they are all sleepy, no matter whether dosing at night or day. One mate just got hooked up with a top China pharma source and is giving it a go, so I will report back if it looks promising. As I said you need the GOOD stuff with this. And then you have to figure out the correct dosing. Low dose 2-4 iu a day seems the way to go, those that do it shotgun style with heavy doses a few times a week all seem to develop or magnify existing problems (diabities) and the like. Just not sure it delivers as promises, and certainly not worth the $$$.

Test. I think this is the way to go and look into for the male athlete. Seems the natural supplements work for a short period (couple of weeks) and then nothing. Really need to start looking into these more as I am unfortunately reaching that timeline also.

The pharma stuff is time proven and very cost effective. In today's economy it is becoming more and more appealing. Taken in small dosing (300mg) or less a week seems to really minimize any risks and makes it very affordable. $100 would easily see you through 3-4 months. There are plenty of manufacturers, legit and black market producing quality stuff. From what I understand it really is not that hard to import the raw materials and make your own, though have not tried.
As much as I hate to admit it, this is a consideration for the older athlete. I just hate endorsing it as then the younger athletes seem to be inclined to try it and they really do not need to.
But the simple fact of the matter is, if you are deficient in something then you need to look into it.
As the Emperor would say: "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough..."

Oh, probably would open up a whole new world for those "older than the hills" athletes. Though they might be so surprised at the change we would not get them away from the computer screen and hand lotion :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:51 am

thinking of 250ml per week of test and 4mg of GH per 5 day on 2 off (pharma grade whilst i can afford it)

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 pm

samurai69 wrote:thinking of 250ml per week of test and 4mg of GH per 5 day on 2 off (pharma grade whilst i can afford it)

From what I gather, combining T with GH is the best way to go. You might find that 4mg might even be on the high side. A few of my buddies started out in the 4-5 range and dropped to 2 per day. The biggest debate seems to be whether it is best taken in the morning or at night as most people prefer not to have multiple injections. While those numbers are solid I would not be at all surprised if you could back them down to 150/2 if you all you shooting for is re-juvenation only. Now if you are looking to get back into the strongman stuff and the like then I think you are right on the money , of course it all depends on the materials.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:19 pm

test is good, gh for first lot is pharma

would like it to help my joints etc and maybe a little boost into my strongman stuff

hopefully they will have masters strongman comps soon LOL

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:What I have concluded thus far, heavy intensity does help a little with GH, so we are all alright on this one. Really don't think the natural GH booster are really worth a darn. Giving one a try right now, but it is hard to say. With GH I am convinced you have to get the Grade A pharma stuff for it to be worth it, and even then it is very pricey. Have a few mates toying with some of the China GH, and am getting mixed reports. Strangely one thing they all have in commons is they are all sleepy, no matter whether dosing at night or day. One mate just got hooked up with a top China pharma source and is giving it a go, so I will report back if it looks promising. As I said you need the GOOD stuff with this. And then you have to figure out the correct dosing. Low dose 2-4 iu a day seems the way to go, those that do it shotgun style with heavy doses a few times a week all seem to develop or magnify existing problems (diabities) and the like. Just not sure it delivers as promises, and certainly not worth the $$$.

The sleep thing is usually a sign that its legit. Dose wise as far as the "life extension" crowd go its usually around 2iu's per day but I'm not sure on how long for.

The shotgun method is probably why so many bodybuilders have such massive guts.

Test. I think this is the way to go and look into for the male athlete. Seems the natural supplements work for a short period (couple of weeks) and then nothing. Really need to start looking into these more as I am unfortunately reaching that timeline also.

The pharma stuff is time proven and very cost effective. In today's economy it is becoming more and more appealing. Taken in small dosing (300mg) or less a week seems to really minimize any risks and makes it very affordable. $100 would easily see you through 3-4 months. There are plenty of manufacturers, legit and black market producing quality stuff. From what I understand it really is not that hard to import the raw materials and make your own, though have not tried.
As much as I hate to admit it, this is a consideration for the older athlete. I just hate endorsing it as then the younger athletes seem to be inclined to try it and they really do not need to.
But the simple fact of the matter is, if you are deficient in something then you need to look into it.
As the Emperor would say: "Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough..."

Oh, probably would open up a whole new world for those "older than the hills" athletes. Though they might be so surprised at the change we would not get them away from the computer screen and hand lotion :mrgreen:

Saw some test cream on Ebay recently & considered that as some form of TRT. But bottled it to be honest. Just don't seem able to go there again with test.

As you know I don't normally discuss stuff like this on here because as you pointed out the "younger" ones jump on the bandwagon & start doing things they really don't need to do.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Training