It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am
Change font size

Training

Testosterone, Growth Hormones & Muscle Building

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Testosterone, Growth Hormones & Muscle Building

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Chris wrote:How are we defining "aging" I didn't think you were all that old Cookie? though I am aware that S69 is not so much "over the hill" as "older than the hills" !!! :roflicon:

Defining aging by the general onset of creaky joints & the years passing us by.

Past 40 Chris & as we both know science says our hormonal levels start to drop off from the age of 28 & once your past 40 the decline is somewhat faster :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Okay, it seems that sleepiness is an indicator of good GH. But what I can not un-earth is WHY it makes you tired feeling?
Is this the body repairing itself? I surfed around, and I even asked a few guys taking it and I still can not find an answer, but they all agree its and indication of quality.
Why??????
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Okay, it seems that sleepiness is an indicator of good GH. But what I can not un-earth is WHY it makes you tired feeling?
Is this the body repairing itself? I surfed around, and I even asked a few guys taking it and I still can not find an answer, but they all agree its and indication of quality.
Why??????

I was told year ago its the reason why babies sleep so much. Because they "pulse" GH rather than have a set period when its released it knocks them out. My guess would be lowering blood sugar levels along the lines of a sugar crash after a large meal ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Okay, it seems that sleepiness is an indicator of good GH. But what I can not un-earth is WHY it makes you tired feeling?
Why??????

I was told year ago its the reason why babies sleep so much. Because they "pulse" GH rather than have a set period when its released it knocks them out. My guess would be lowering blood sugar levels along the lines of a sugar crash after a large meal ;-)

Okay, makes sense. It must be strong stuff, because a few of these lads are taking it before bed, sleeping 7-8 hrs and are still yawning their asses off. They are taking only moderate to low doses too 2-3 iu. They seem to think it is worth it though???
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Okay, makes sense. It must be strong stuff, because a few of these lads are taking it before bed, sleeping 7-8 hrs and are still yawning their asses off. They are taking only moderate to low doses too 2-3 iu. They seem to think it is worth it though???

Has it persuaded you to consider it?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Consider? Hell I consider and look at everything bro. I would consider the ole bull testicles/brewers yeast mix if I thought it would deliver. :shock: Even after all my rants, I even “considered” twitter, lol. I you know my feelings towards that piece of useless garbage.

I will say it is certainly tempting given the first hand feedback I am receiving, but there really is not enough info, long term out there yet. The people I know taking it all like it, and love it for fixing injuries. That is really what I am interested in. All the other aspects, leaning out, strength, and the such I can achieve though hard work and smart training.
The injuries to the back and neck, knees and shoulders are what slow me up from time to time. While I certainly made significant progress there is always room to improve and if a shot a day will help that and keep me from going under the knife then I will certainly consider it as I get no sick time and if I do not show up for work, I do not get paid and if I have to be in a cast for a couple of months I will have to go job shopping. So that alone may be the key deciding point in all this. It may just be a matter of survival and feeding the family. Make sense??

The three biggest things that hold me back from giving it a go are:
1. long term effects (proven, not hypothetical)
2. I don’t want to be a hypocrite. I am training, and plan on training a lot more younger people once wrestling gets going, and tell them to stay off drugs……
3. Is it really healing anything, or just masquerading.

Who knows, lets just say at this time my interest is piqued, hash tag that :mrgreen: .
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:36 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:18 pm

If you are going that route, then why not Powerfull? I know you are not the biggest fan of usp, but this is a good product. The thing that scares me about some of the powders and such, as I mention all the time, is the quality and freshness.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:If you are going that route, then why not Powerfull? I know you are not the biggest fan of usp, but this is a good product. The thing that scares me about some of the powders and such, as I mention all the time, is the quality and freshness.

I know what you mean about quality but then again just about every other supplement these days seems to be made in China :roll:

I'm sure you posted somewhere else you were trialling powerful so I was waiting to see what your thoughts were.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Training