It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am
Change font size

Training

reading info when probably for guys on juice

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

reading info when probably for guys on juice

Postby lil john » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Been trying to do research on strength training, a lot of oly and strongman stuff for my knowledge bank. But what I think is that a lot of these guys and probably juiced up. Now I am not. What should be taken into concideration when comiing up with lifting routines compared to a lot of info avalible. For instance I downloaded whendlers 5/3/1 book. Now I always thought he was bollocks but read a lot of good reviews by lifters and thought its worth a read as I'm looking ahead to next year wqhen get more weights and train heavier.

Any advice?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Re: reading info when probably for guys on juice

Postby Cookie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:52 pm

You can follow Wendler's training program as you'll find a lot are designed for guys that don't juice. What normally happens when juiced up lifters follow programs is that they lift heavier, recovery quicker so progress through it much faster in the short term than the non juicer.

Main points to adhere to are sufficient good quality calories, hydration, sleep & rest to help your recovery progress as quickly as possible & keep you injury free. And also to not push beyond your recovery capabilities in every single workout. Sometimes pushing the limits is fine but not all the time like a lot do so end up on drugs to make up for issues elsewhere.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:27 pm

So a lot really is just about recovery element. Take a non juiced guy or gyal longer.
Interesting.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

lil john wrote:So a lot really is just about recovery element. Take a non juiced guy or gyal longer.
Interesting.

The drugs allow the body to use nutrients more efficiently.

A natural trainer has to be more patient, smarter & fitter.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training