It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am
Change font size

Training

Old age muscle

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Old age muscle

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

We've all seen the pictures of the old man who's pretty well defined on Facebook etc with the usual captions about if he can do it in old age then what's your excuse.

But is that the full picture/story?
Attachments
Oldage muscle.jpg
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Old age muscle

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

Now watch the video in this link

All is not always what it seems when you see these pictures posted.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 am

so, nothing i didnt already know
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 am

samurai69 wrote:so, nothing i didnt already know

But not everyone knows that he's using drugs & on the flip side its not as motivational as its made out by some on the social media side because it could come across to the younger generations that its okay to take drugs.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:so, nothing i didnt already know

But not everyone knows that he's using drugs & on the flip side its not as motivational as its made out by some on the social media side because it could come across to the younger generations that its okay to take drugs.

but the point is he took a decision to stop being a fat 50 year old and get in shape, also the fact that he had low test at 50+ and is only doing whats already prescribed by many docs for low test was an added boost....and its ok at 50 to take drugs..... i disagree, most people possibly could suspect he was taking something and , its honest that he was prescribed something for the male menopause

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 am

also in that picture he isnt on massive gear, hes on trt, just dieting down from what he was before and lifting weights he wouldnt be far off that picture

and if a kid went on to the same amount of test as is prescribed for TRT, it would be ok IMO, the problem isnt in vids like that or pics like that its in the ease of buying stuff now that makes it more widestream to be on gear, and its in the BBing forums that push silly large amounts of gear

i have had 2 people in the gym recently with NAP50s, that they got from people that either know very little themselves or are prepared to give a 20 year old kid stuff thats way stronger than any thing else out there and will do more harm than good to a kid thats looking for a cheap quick fix

lets get real about it, the stuff out there thats scare mongering about steroids is actually doing a job of promoting and gloryfiying gear use,..... all the jusicer style tv programes showing huge guys etc,....... thats whats promoting gear use to you kids

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training