It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 pm
Change font size

Training

Back squat & Power clean

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Back squat & Power clean

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Saw this on S69's FB page and it got me thinking back to the squat/spring program I'd mentioned previously.
Attachments
backsquatclean.jpg
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Back squat & Power clean

Postby lil john » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Do you think there is a doffrence in full clean and power clean for performance in that regard?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 pm

lil john wrote:Do you think there is a doffrence in full clean and power clean for performance in that regard?

I was going to get S69`s opinion as I was unsure plus I saw or read somewhere that bent over / Pendlay rows activated just as much posterior chain as power cleans.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:24 am

ok, pendley rows activta posterior chain quite well, probably pretty close to power clea, and probably slightly more.

for performance over all i i.e. for rugby player i would stick with power clean..... mainly as the weight has to hurled up using more muscle power

for the oly lift performance then the oly full clean is more specific to full ROM that occurs in comp

Does that answer what you where asking.....or am i missing the question
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 am

samurai69 wrote:ok, pendley rows activta posterior chain quite well, probably pretty close to power clea, and probably slightly more.

for performance over all i i.e. for rugby player i would stick with power clean..... mainly as the weight has to hurled up using more muscle power

for the oly lift performance then the oly full clean is more specific to full ROM that occurs in comp

Does that answer what you where asking.....or am i missing the question

More rows then for me. I thinks that's were I'm leaking strength on the lifts and struggling to get the weight up and remain upright in the hole.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm

if you train back, make sure its well stretched it will possibly hamper getting your elbows through high enough which will contribute to not keeping upright in the bottom of the lift
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 pm

samurai69 wrote:if you train back, make sure its well stretched it will possibly hamper getting your elbows through high enough which will contribute to not keeping upright in the bottom of the lift

Agree. I think this tightness down one side is still hampering how I lift/move and I could do with improving internal rotation in my shoulders for when I pull to get under in the snatch.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:59 am

Kelly starett was on about external rotation and using a band to stretch that out to help in the rack position, it would be similar for snatch at the transition between the pull and the bit where you are going from a pull to you pushing and getting under the bar in the snatch (not sure that makes sense. i will see if i can find the video

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Training