It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:38 am
Change font size

Training

Breathing squats

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Breathing squats

Postby johno » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Can I check I have this correct.

You squat with a weight you could do 12ish reps with then you stop when you need to and stand with weight at top until you can drive another out.

Repeat until 20 reps done?
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Isnt that just using rest pause

My understanding of breathing squats is somewhat different to what you described

over to OSC for a description :lol: :wink:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:14 pm

You use your bodyweight on the bar, do a rep then take 5 deep breaths and do another rep 5 breaths etc etc etc...till you either pass out or complete the set, then you add weight when you do the full 20 reps....

I actually thought I`d gioven a mate a heart attack on these once, he went all grey and collapsed...turns out his belt was too tight and he could breath properly and dint want to pack in the set whilst I was screaming at him :twisted:
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Bane » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Breathing squats are the invention of the devil.................... who for some reason has the biggest, strongest most muscular legs ever.

If you aren't sick, breathing out of your arse & seeing the white buffalo then you aren't trying hard enough. When the weight gets above 300lb (at the very least) is when you start to see the results rocket.

Bane
Bane
Helot
Helot

Postby johno » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:04 pm

Thanks S69 and Cookie, I like to sound as if I might know what I'm on about!

Bane, remember I am a mere mortal and would be crushed by 300lbs on 1 rep so 20 is just gaga land for me. Thats busting a gut to do 20 reps with it!!!! Fuck

With cookies help maybe I'll get closer to it and a couple of personal goals this year. ;-)
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:44 am

Bane wrote:Breathing squats are the invention of the devil.................... who for some reason has the biggest, strongest most muscular legs ever.

If you aren't sick, breathing out of your arse & seeing the white buffalo then you aren't trying hard enough. When the weight gets above 300lb (at the very least) is when you start to see the results rocket.

Bane

I did that once, 300lbs managed about 3 and wasnt far of f pucking thats with knees wrapped too...............Bane, your description is bang on :P :oops:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:08 pm

Was looking through some stuff and came across another explanation with regards to doing these and how you should breath...

Reps 1-5 smooth straight normal reps
Reps 6-10 2 breaths between reps
Reps 11-15 4 breaths between reps
Reps 16-20 5 breaths between reps

Gives people another option to try and see.......
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:49 pm

That makes sence cookie as your heart rate goes higher you would need extra time and more breaths to make the set.
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Training