It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:25 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Hows this food intake look please

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby johno » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:00 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:I don`t mind full fat milk or even milk in general, trouble is some people can`t cope with the lactose sugar so ended either with shits of bloating...

That and people try to cane it down in a vain effort to bulk....

I get a bit of bloat with it but it taste good and is a goo even meal
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Takmaster » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Scott - Weetabix ain't the devil by a long way but as you stated Porridge is the "Dad" for a reason. It takes longer to digest and Oats have been proven to have cardio protective enzymes. Its great fibre and low GI.
Plus if it was good enough for Mr.Yates...................

Johno - I gave you my reply on the diet I thought it was shit and still do. I told you that because I was trying to help you out, not take the piss. And I'm not going to justify your diet it would of been ok 40 years ago not now. Are you waiting for someone to say it looks great go for it! Because you'll be a long time waiting for that from me.

You still need MORE calories from protein especially as you claim you want to loose weight and get to 12% or less BF. And eat more often.

Whats wrong with adding a protein shake instead of a pint of milk? The main nutrients come from a wank sugar and the wrong types of fat.

In fact the main enzymes babies employ to break down milk stops being produced after about 3 years of age, so you rarely get to use it to its potential anymore.

As you said a "a good even meal" what does that mean, do you work for the Dairy or something?

1 pint 550ml
P19.2 C26.8 F22.8 400 cals

It looks shit to me!

Why not have more protein and fat from a better source?

The idea is get smarter and learn as we go on, its 2007 not 1957.

As for the gravy, why not? Go for it!

I'm also with Samuari on the squash. But it maybe that you prefer the social aspect of the game. However you are running, doing weights and playing squash and it looks like you are on the road to being a jack of all trades master of none!

The diet is to help every single organ in your body. Yours only benefited your taste buds.
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby johno » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:39 pm

I would like to learn, so just telling me its wank or shit isn't learning its telling.

If thats the way you work then thats OK with me I can deal with it and welcome any input you have, but you will need to type it out in terms I understand.

I have already got almonds, green tea and protein powder under you recommendations. Oh and swapped to oats in the morning.

If you think that food is bad you should have seen it before!! LOL

I do like milk, don't work for them, but it seems even in its delivery and I thought thats what i was aiming for. I does bloat me so I could loose it.
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Takmaster wrote:Scott - Weetabix ain't the devil by a long way but as you stated Porridge is the "Dad" for a reason. It takes longer to digest and Oats have been proven to have cardio protective enzymes. Its great fibre and low GI.
Plus if it was good enough for Mr.Yates...................

cheers tak.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 pm

johno wrote:I would like to learn, so just telling me its wank or shit isn't learning its telling.

If thats the way you work then thats OK with me I can deal with it and welcome any input you have, but you will need to type it out in terms I understand.
I have already got almonds, green tea and protein powder under you recommendations. Oh and swapped to oats in the morning.

If you think that food is bad you should have seen it before!! LOL

I do like milk, don't work for them, but it seems even in its delivery and I thought thats what i was aiming for. I does bloat me so I could loose it.

So Takmaster are you up for the challenge :?:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:22 pm

:grin:

Johno - don't take offence its just the way I am. I'm a foul mouthed bastard and as I have a quite a high profile job that restricts me using potty mouth terms I have to unload it outside of work.

Interpret it as passion its only becase I feel strongly about something I want the best for you all.

I still fucking love you one and fucking all.
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:20 pm

Takmaster wrote::grin:

Johno - don't take offence its just the way I am. I'm a foul mouthed bastard and as I have a quite a high profile job that restricts me using potty mouth terms I have to unload it outside of work.

Interpret it as passion its only becase I feel strongly about something I want the best for you all.

Nothing wrong with passion for something you love doing...I thrive on my love of the iron game :grin:

Unwind as often as you like buddy, just keep the info flowing ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:31 pm

Takmaster wrote::grin:

There is absolutly no offence taken and you have no need to justify yourself or the way you type to me.

Read my post, it says just tell me in plain terms, It does not say don't talk that way. On the fucking contary most people will know I swear just a little too much! and can't spell for shit.

I like direct talking, its a lot easier to understand.

So love peace and all that bollocks etc on with the job i hand.

I have a revised diet for today that I will post in about hour.

Till then my crazy friends
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby johno » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Here is todays food

Item Prot Carbs Fat Cals
Porridge (55g 2oz) 6 33 4.4 195.8
1/4 full fat milk 4.8 6.7 5.7 100
5oz banana (140g) 1.7 32.5 0.5 133
Protein shake + 1/4 milk 27.8 7.4 6.4 195

Mid morning
Protein shake + 1/4 milk 27.8 7.4 6.4 195

Dinner
6oz chicken (168g) 36.5 5.5 195
6oz sweet potato 6.5 53.3 0.3 228.5
3oz mixed veg 14.6 0.2 14.6 76

Mid afternoon
Almonds (50g) 11 2.8 22.5 303
5oz banana (140g) 1.7 32.5 0.5 133

Protein after training
Shake and take protein 44 8 3.6 240

Tea
Broccoli 5oz (140g) 4.4 1.5 1.1 33.6
Avacardo 2.15 oz 60g) 0.6 0.6 6.1 60
Noodles 1.5oz (42g) 5 27 145
Mackrel 6.25oz 36 44.5 547

3/4 l water
2xgreen tea
2x coffee = 1/8 pint milk 3 4.1 4.5 70

totals 228.4 185.9 149.1 2779.9
cals 913.6 743.6 596.4
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Takmaster » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm fucking well proud!!

Keep goin!!!

Cookie - I'll endevaour to continue my profanity clad info!!

Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck !!!
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:03 am

Takmaster wrote:Cookie - I'll endevaour to continue my profanity clad info!!

Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck !!!

xxsuper

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Going back Tak to something you said earlier about the body not being able to digest milk after the age of 3. With that in mind does that also travel over to ALL milk related items having a negative effect on the body?

Also why use almonds?

I`ve heard it before but forgotten the EXACT reason why they are so good :oops:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition