It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:40 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Garlic

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Garlic

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:30 am

We all know how good it is for us but what is it exactly that causes the bad breath?

Is it something that if we used it on a daily basis the smell would reduce or even go away completely?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Garlic

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:19 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:We all know how good it is for us but what is it exactly that causes the bad breath?

Is it something that if we used it on a daily basis the smell would reduce or even go away completely?

dont think so, lots of garlic used here and they all still stink of it, just that if you take it too you dont notice it on others

either that or dont stand too close
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 pm

try lemon juice to get rid of the smell. dodnt think it will help when you sweat though lol
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:47 pm

fits wrote:try lemon juice to get rid of the smell. dodnt think it will help when you sweat though lol

How does that work buddy :?:

And is it a case of rincing mouth with it :?:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:55 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote:try lemon juice to get rid of the smell. dodnt think it will help when you sweat though lol

How does that work buddy :?:

And is it a case of rincing mouth with it :?:

must be the accid in it..........i normally cut a slice of lemon and suck on it, sqweeze some juice on my hand and wash like that........leave for a bit then wash with soap and it seems to get rid of it, or at least the worst...after i been cooking
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 pm

fits wrote: must be the accid in it..........i normally cut a slice of lemon and suck on it, sqweeze some juice on my hand and wash like that........leave for a bit then wash with soap and it seems to get rid of it, or at least the worst...after i been cooking

Right I might try that tomorow...eat a clove and then suck on a lemon and see if that helps :shock:

I have heard that parsley i suppose to help but wer aint got any growing in the yard yet.....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:51 pm

yeah parsely helps too, just chew a sprig of it.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Found something out the other day from the GMTV doc, anyways he recomends swallowing the garlic whole to reduce the bad breath but still get the benefits from the garlic..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby TH&S » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:32 pm

You can get odourless garlic tablets if you are using it as a supp...?
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Al » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:53 pm

Umm I like the smell of garlic on my fingers.
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 pm

Al wrote:Umm I like the smell of garlic on my fingers.

i prefer the smell of fish on mine..............................................but thats another story :shock:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:49 pm

I watched something a few months back which said to get the benefits from garlic you need to peal and crush them and leave for ten mins before adding to food or eating them. Something to do with a chemical reaction. They also showed a 3 month study of two men in there 50s with clogged arteries and after 3 months of eating garlic this way they had a massive improvement.

I grow my own garlic and used to put it in my eggs in the morning until everyone around me told me how bad i smelt, i tried everything to stop the smell nothing worked (apart from a bath :lol: )
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Next

Return to Nutrition