It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:17 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Peanut butter

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Peanut butter

Postby fits » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:42 pm

I looked in the cubaord today, i have a near full jar of Whole earth peanut butter which i have not hardley touched because it tastes like crap and a nice jar of sun pat crunchy peanut butter. I looked at the back of both jars to find, to my amazement that sun pat is healthier than Whole earth thats advertised as being 'healthy' they were about the same for protein and fat but the whole earth hd a bit more sugar, not much, aout 3.7g compared to sun pat 2.5g but i was very surprised.

Just a bit of crap info that i thought i share lol i was shocked (yes i know i need to get out more!! )
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 pm

Fits its the palm oil thats the killer with the sunpat stuff, read that its a crap oil to use and its better to use a peanut butter that just containes the oil from the peanuts.....

I`m sure thats what whole earth do......

The sugars are so minor that with all the fats in there it would be minimal impact...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:01 pm

I was just shsocked as there didnt seem to be much diference but for some reason i thought sun pat was loaded with sugar...not sue why i thought that.

Its ok from time to time i guess, jst like my nan always says......................evrything in moderation :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:54 pm

fits wrote:I was just shsocked as there didnt seem to be much diference but for some reason i thought sun pat was loaded with sugar...not sue why i thought that.

Its ok from time to time i guess, jst like my nan always says......................evrything in moderation :-)

youre Nan is well clued up then..........fits, isnt that what i keep telling you
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:32 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Fits its the palm oil thats the killer with the sunpat stuff, read that its a crap oil to use and its better to use a peanut butter that just containes the oil from the peanuts.....

I`m sure thats what whole earth do......

The sugars are so minor that with all the fats in there it would be minimal impact...

Are you sure Palm oils not better than veg oil? Because im reading the jars now and whole earth contains palm oil, sun pat cntains veg oil? :???:

also sn at lists cane sugar as an ingrediant, whole ear dont yet whole earth has more sugar?? :???: :???:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby fits » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:48 pm

samurai69 wrote:
fits wrote:I was just shsocked as there didnt seem to be much diference but for some reason i thought sun pat was loaded with sugar...not sue why i thought that.

youre Nan is well clued up then..........fits, isnt that what i keep telling you

I know this, but my point is everything in moderation.........to be moderate.............................. if you wanna be bigger, stronger, faster, better.................you have to be moe extream in some way or another.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:52 pm

fits wrote:
Are you sure Palm oils not better than veg oil? Because im reading the jars now and whole earth contains palm oil, sun pat cntains veg oil? :???:

also sn at lists cane sugar as an ingrediant, whole ear dont yet whole earth has more sugar?? :???: :???:

I got a jar once of some organic PB and it was made with 100% nuts and nothing else, also read an article that stated that palm oil was suppose to be bad for us....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:13 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote:

I got a jar once of some organic PB and it was made with 100% nuts and nothing else, also read an article that stated that palm oil was suppose to be bad for us....

yeah i been reading thats its not too good for us. But at a glance the sun pat looks healthier than the whle earth one! and tastes sooooooooooo much better too!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 pm

But do you know what all this proves :?:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Jimmy Bludd » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:29 am

So does anyone have any definative info on the best kinda peanut butter then? I mean how bad is palm oil really?
"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"
Jimmy Bludd
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Jimmy Bludd wrote:So does anyone have any definative info on the best kinda peanut butter then? I mean how bad is palm oil really?

TBH at the moment I`m just eating whole earths as I like the taste :grin:

But I`ll look into it in more detail for you....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:42 pm

eat what ever you like the taste of, but as usual, not too much too often :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition