It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

caffine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

caffine

Postby fits » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:58 am

i just found out that caffine spikes insulin like carbs do, but does any one know to what degree? is it people trying for ketosis that have to avoid? or should we all be avoiding caffine?

and does consuming your caffine with proteins and fats slow down the spike as they do with carbs?

I cant give up caffine at the moment, just drinking a strong one right nowl lol but i have only slept for 4 hours in the last two days (maybe its the caffine? lol) so i need it!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:56 pm

i just found out that caffine spikes insulin like carbs do

You`ve only just worked that one out.............how long you been training??????????????????/ :oops:

No ome caffiene is good pre workout especially...some for blood sugar probs should avoid if possible or use sparingly...as for keto diets you can use caffiene at the begining to help you get into ketosis quicker...imo...then dump it for the rest of the week....

and does consuming your caffine with proteins and fats slow down the spike as they do with carbs?

Could do but it would only be a small drop nothing dramatic as the caffiene is liquid so the body would be able to process it quicker.

Try switching to green tea....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:30 pm

I have had a hard time sleeping the last two days, i think im going to give the coffee a miss other than on training day, going to be real hard to drop the ginger tea though! love the stuff! saying that, how much difference can ONE cup make in the AM with breakfast?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:45 pm

does the same sort of effect happen with decafe?
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:50 pm

Scott wrote:does the same sort of effect happen with decafe?

It does if you put enough spoonfulls into the cup :twisted:

Theres still some caffiene even in decafe....I think its about 1/4-1/2 the regular amount....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition