It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:42 am
Change font size

Nutrition

The truth about food

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:26 am

Scott wrote: where the fuck does the 300g come from... is that a typo?

Don`t think its a typo, especially if you add up the amount of food consumed post workout...

I`ll have to double check the article.....

The principles of it are basicall caveman in that you spend most of the day *grazing* then you train (hunt) and feast afterwards ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:52 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:You two make me laugh....lol...too much worrying about ratios/macros/bodyweight for set goals....lol....you know me, just get out there and train, and keep moving the whole day long...avoid sugars and excessive carbs later in the day and it`ll come off.... ;-)

LOL dude, I dont even know what a macro is...... only macros I use are in excel :lol:

anyways.. I was only asking if Colin Jacksons lack of carbs ment that maybe me (and cunts in my position) should maybe think about dropping some carbs and that the idea that they were NEEDED wasnt really true.

you know I have to ask a million fuckin questions about everything and analyise it to death :lol:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:57 am

fits wrote:so maybe you could do with some more cals from protein/ good fats??

thats what Im thinking.
now Im trying to remember ages ago cookie helped me get from 16stone down to 14stone. I dont think there was a lot of carbs in there either. I dont think I use carbs very well.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:22 am

Scott wrote: [

LOL dude, I dont even know what a macro is...... only macros I use are in excel :lol:

anyways.. I was only asking if Colin Jacksons lack of carbs ment that maybe me (and cunts in my position) should maybe think about dropping some carbs and that the idea that they were NEEDED wasnt really true.

you know I have to ask a million fuckin questions about everything and analyise it to death :lol:

If you look at the foods he ate, in particular the amount of nuts/almonds you`ll have noticed that his carb intake was quite high as nuts do contain lots of carbs, but no thigh impact carbs such as bread, rice , pasta....He`ll have had a lot of low impact/releaseing carbs...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:48 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote: as nuts do contain lots of carbs, but no thigh impact carbs such as bread, rice , pasta....He`ll have had a lot of low impact/releaseing carbs...

good point, I guess there was enough of those types of carbs in there. enough to keep the brain going and stuff.

my foods for next week are gonna be :
almonds, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, roast beef,tuna, veg, salad. I'll have protein shakes if I cant eat food for some reason and prolly have some gravy with a chicken/veg meal.

Im planning a grazing kinda style. we'll see how it goes...

:roll:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:59 pm

Scott wrote:
ONE SMART COOKIE wrote: as nuts do contain lots of carbs, but no thigh impact carbs such as bread, rice , pasta....He`ll have had a lot of low impact/releaseing carbs...

good point, I guess there was enough of those types of carbs in there. enough to keep the brain going and stuff.

my foods for next week are gonna be :
almonds, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, roast beef,tuna, veg, salad. I'll have protein shakes if I cant eat food for some reason and prolly have some gravy with a chicken/veg meal.

Im planning a grazing kinda style. we'll see how it goes...

:roll:

i did say this about his carbs....CJ that is

low carb diets give you big lows in the first couple of weeks, so be aware of it happening to you
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:09 pm

here is a link to what i think is a good article

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/losing-weigh ... carbs.html
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 pm

fits wrote:here is a link to what i think is a good article

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/losing-weigh ... carbs.html

All that is fits is a rewording of a TKD system that and a rip off of Duchaines work in his book *Bodyopus* were he has people on low carbs then preworkout he introduces some fruit, beasts them in a MASSIVE workout then a HUGE carb refeed afterwards.....

*Nothing new under the sun* ;-)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:51 pm

i know, these things pop up again and again, but i thought it was a good read.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:59 pm

fits wrote:i know, these things pop up again and again, but i thought it was a good read.

Its simplifies it in a way..........

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition