Change font size

Nutrition

For the hundredth Time

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

For the hundredth Time

Postby James W » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Creatine

Ok so probably the most discussed supplement after Whey protein but I still have a question even after using the search function etc.

Ok so recently I read that if you use only 3-5g a day then it is possible to keep using creatine permenantly, providing you have the odd week off. In other words the old theory of 3 months on 3 months off is no longer needed.

It was mentioned that only if you load it (i.e. 20g/day) and use for instance 10g/day then it is necessary to come off for extended periods of time, otherwise the odd week will do.

However with small amounts its ok to stay on,

Im asking this as I have just done 3 months of using creatine (3g/day) and I wanted to use a new pre-workout supplement I bought with Nitric Oxide and Creatine in, never used this before but I got it discounted so thought I would try it, anyway should I wait for a couple of months before I use it?

Also, the PWO drink I bought has creatine in so I was planning to take that too, altought that would add up to 8g creatine per day is that too much or will I just pee it out without any damage done?

Very long post but I hope it makes sense and someone csn help? :???:

James W
James W
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:28 pm

My own experiances with creatine are its best used infrequently and 2-3grms post workout for recovery is ample....

So with that in mind I would suggest just using one of the two supplements you have at a time....

By the way if haven`t already noticed through past posts I don`t like NO products :evil:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:30 pm

No harm in staying on.

No need to load.

No use taking it before the workout just after.

8g sounds like a lot, what do you weigh?
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby James W » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Well it sounds silly but I wouldnt normally use more than 3g, although I was surprised when the pre-workout drink I ordered has creatine in as I have always thought it only worked PWO.

However as it was cheap I thought I would try the NO product, OSC where are your posts on why you dont like them? you can put it on here but dont want to make you retype lots of info! :smile:

The NO product only has 3g Creatine in it so even though it wont work as it's pre-WO at least there isnt lots.

I think it is probably right that I only use one at a time, I guess the only reason I want to use the NO product is out of curiosity.

What are your thoughts?
James W
Helot
Helot

Postby fits » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:32 pm

i have used NO products and i liked! the first one from bsn was very good, i was noticeably more pumpped, and had more energy to train and i think extra concentration.

with creatine, i think that if you want 'noticeable' gains/effects/results you should use it how it suggests, load for 5 days then maintain. I have read articles aying that there is no need to load, but when i loaded i felt the effects fast, where as when i just used a little every day i didnt really notice the effects so much.

I would take a break from it aftr 3 month, even for just a month.

next time get your self soem CEE, im taking now and i have DEFINATELY noticed reults in my workout, and in my size :-)

i am using a cheap one from SNS.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby James W » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:55 pm

Thanks for the advice Fits

Well the NO product I bought also has CEE in but its not ideal pre-workout.

Anyhow maybe I should take a month off?

Ill keep waiting to hear everyone's opinion before I decide.
James W
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:51 pm

James W wrote:
However as it was cheap I thought I would try the NO product, OSC where are your posts on why you dont like them? you can put it on here but dont want to make you retype lots of info! :smile:

I think its more of an ego supplement as it promotes huge pumps and adds nothing to growth imho...Plus when I`ve tried it in the past my overall training volume dropped massively due to the pumps being too painfull to continue...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby James W » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah I have to admit I do know they dont help long term with growth etc just wanted to see what effect they have :smt115

I hope i dont get pain anyway! :???:

I still cant believe this NO product has Creatine in it to use Pre WO, AND I cant believe I bought it without noticing this! Doh!
James W
Helot
Helot

Postby fits » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:38 pm

i would love a pump so big that it hurt lol .

ego supp? yes, but then that what weight lifting is about mostly for the majority of people that lift weights so it goes hand in hand really. Im not sure what the long term effects are but NO can help you look better, and show u what you could look like if u diet and train properly :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby sanga » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 pm

I`ve hammered Creatine in the past, I`ve done 30g post workout and I`ve done 5g, didn`t make any diference at all.

Personally if you want to use it then I`d use it post workout at 5g a time, month on, 2 weeks off.

A very overated product and I sell a fair bit of it.
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:21 pm

fits wrote:i would love a pump so big that it hurt lol .

ego supp? yes, but then that what weight lifting is about mostly for the majority of people that lift weights so it goes hand in hand really. Im not sure what the long term effects are but NO can help you look better, and show u what you could look like if u diet and train properly :-)

Yeah but your just a supplement junkie :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:39 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote:i would love a pump so big that it hurt lol .

Yeah but your just a supplement junkie :roll:

lol i like to try things mate, this is true, but then i think you have been known to try the odd sup haven't u? as well as training system diet......

Variety is the spice of lfe, if you have the spare money give it a go :-)

CEE is good stuff (for me) no doubt about it. cookie may disagree but i think you should limit your caffine intake whilst on it. no need to cut it out completely INO but not too have too much.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Next

Return to Nutrition