It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Food As Medicine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Food As Medicine

Postby nhbdog » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Couple of Links to Jerry Brunetti's Food As Medicine Seminar. Excellent stuff, full rundown of the clips below. Over 3hrs, 2 separate videos:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... unetti%27s

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... unetti%27s

Details:

This is Jerry Brunetti's highly informative video lecture Food as Medicine (2005) where he lays out his experience with terminal cancer ... all » which he successfully overcame with eating healthy and different food than he used to eat until then. In 1999 he was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and given 6 months to live. He did not submit to chemotherapy, but rather, developed his own unique dietary approach to enhance his immune system. Jerry shares his personal experiences and provides his recipe for healthy living. You will learn about the crucial importance of minerals, which foods to choose for your best health requirements and what to avoid. After viewing this fascinating lecture you'll realize the remarkable value of food in building good foundations, and providing buffers, to keep your body healthy. 3h long. A must see for everyone

Food as Medicine features: -The power of pigments -Make your plate a rainbow. -Protection from cruciferous vegetables. -The good oils. -Fabulous fermentation. -Eggs-The ultimate food. -Butter vs. Margarine-The power of raw milk. -What major minerals do-Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous and Sulfur. -The trace mineral catalysts-Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Boron and Iron. -The forgotten five-Iodine, Molybdenum, Cobalt, Selenium and Chromium
nhbdog
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:05 am

Thanks for those :grin:

Wow 3hrs long, might take a cuple of viewings to watch those :shock:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Well just spent most of today watching those :shock: and yeah very interesting in deedy..

Wouldn`t mind seeing Taks views on the guys ideas :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:34 pm

Not got a spare 3 hours this week but will defo have a buthers when I get back from my travels!!!
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:06 pm

got a book called "eat well stay well"
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby DiliosOfSparta » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:15 am

my parents met an austrialian couple who was sick with cancer had 6 months to a year to live
she had started to eat healthy and totally changed her diet and stuck to it as a life style and prayed for healing and wola the cancer was gone

I think we have found the cure to cancer but people are to lazy even for the prevention of their own death
After Xerxes asked King Leondias to surrender and he would be king of all of Greece.

"If you knew what is good in life, you would abstain from wishing for foreign things. For me it is better to die for Greece than to be monarch over my compatriots" - King Leonidas

August 10th 480 B.C.
DiliosOfSparta
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition